Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is a game you have played that you would bet no one else here has?

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Is there a game you have played that you are quite confident no one else here has? What is it?

There are possibly a few old point and click adventures in this category for me, but even I can’t remember their names, unfortunately.

How ironic lol. Anyways, I'm pretty sure most people have ever heard about the Broken Swords series which originated on the GBA. It has an amazing story but it's a point and click mystery solving game.

27 minutes ago, Patrik said:

hello, it's Brothers in Arms hells highway here, for a game that's similar to COD/Battlefield, it has a retarded shooting mechanism but it's lot of fun

It's actually the retarded shooting mechanism of the game that makes it unique in its own different way. It's rapid fun altogether. 

On 9/16/2021 at 4:26 PM, Heatman said:

It's actually the retarded shooting mechanism of the game that makes it unique in its own different way. It's rapid fun altogether. 

nah there is nothing unique about having something retarded in your game, but i still love it, i mean, those mechanisms aren't preventing me from playing the game lol

18 minutes ago, Patrik said:

nah there is nothing unique about having something retarded in your game, but i still love it, i mean, those mechanisms aren't preventing me from playing the game lol

Yeah - the most important thing is that gamers find it very interesting to use and it doesn't hinder their actions in the game. 

On 9/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, Heatman said:

I'm not really sure if there gamers who remembers the game Uninvited. It's a horror-themed adventure video game developed for Macintosh in 1986. 

I had to look that up because I had no idea how one would make a horror game in 1986. It seems quite spooky, but the music is a bit... upbeat, I find! Mind, it sets the tone for what's about to follow: "your car erupts in an explosion! At least it will save you the cost of a tow!" 🤣

On 9/16/2021 at 1:57 PM, Patrik said:

hello, it's Brothers in Arms hells highway here, for a game that's similar to COD/Battlefield, it has a retarded shooting mechanism but it's lot of fun

I'm sorry to say I've played this. I tried to play it again earlier this year and I also didn't like it for its controls. Bearing in mind this was right at the beginning in the hospital(?). I'm glad it wasn't just me, but it's also sad that others have had trouble with it.

As for games I'm certain nobody here's played, there's quite a few cheap picks, mostly those of the Warhammer 40,000 license. I'll pick something more interesting though and say Enchanted Arms. I hear lots of people say they're fans of FromSoftware for their Soulsborne games but never do I hear them claim they've played Enchanted Arms, which is a very different game to their usual fare. It's a 3D JRPG from the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 era, with tile-based tactical gameplay and mechanics and lore that you can understand, so in that regard it's nothing like a JRPG. Very fun, and virtually none of the praise/criticisms you could have for the Soulsborne games really applies here, so don't be turned on/off if you like/dislike FromSoftware's typical fare.

Edited by Withywarlock

42 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I had to look that up because I had no idea how one would make a horror game in 1986. It seems quite spooky, but the music is a bit... upbeat, I find! Mind, it sets the tone for what's about to follow: "your car erupts in an explosion! At least it will save you the cost of a tow!" 🤣

Horror games genres have been in existence for as long as anyone could imagine. When I came across the game 16 years ago if my memory serves me correctly, my friend then were doubtful if it's going to be an interesting game and it was. 

51 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I'll pick something more interesting though and say Enchanted Arms. I hear lots of people say they're fans of FromSoftware for their Soulsborne games but never do I hear them claim they've played Enchanted Arms, which is a very different game to their usual fare. It's a 3D JRPG from the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 era, with tile-based tactical gameplay and mechanics and lore that you can understand, so in that regard it's nothing like a JRPG. Very fun, and virtually none of the praise/criticisms you could have for the Soulsborne games really applies here, so don't be turned on/off if you like/dislike FromSoftware's typical fare.

I actually did play Enchanted Arms... and I thought it was pretty terrible.  The battle system was kinda interesting by GOD even by JRPG standards the characters were obnoxious as hell!  It also has I think the worst tutorial I've ever experienced.  It treats you like a fucking idiot, there were full paragraphs of spoken dialogue to explain even the simplest of things like opening a chest or climbing a ladder.

I never realized it was developed by From Software.  That's curious little anecdote but this was before the Souls Series.

My own contribution now and I'll bet not many of you have played Prisoner of War, a PS2 game where you play a captured US in piolet in World War 2.  I also reckon (or at least hope) that not many of have played this piece of crap, which I consider to THE worst I have ever played.