Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is a game you have played that you would bet no one else here has?

I'm pretty sure nobody here has played Revenge on School, since it was only ever available in my native language. It's a text adventure game from 1994, it is full of gratuitous violence and it's so absurd and grotesque that it's actually hilarious. There was only one thing certain: that every computer at school had a  copy of it somewhere hidden away in a folder.

Edited by m76

3 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody here has played Revenge on School, since it was only ever available in my native language. It's a text adventure game from 1994, it is full of gratuitous violence and it's so absurd and grotesque that it's actually hilarious. In middle school, there was only one thing certain, that every computer at school had a  copy of it somewhere hidden away in a folder.

Ok that's cheating 🤣!

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I actually did play Enchanted Arms... and I thought it was pretty terrible.  The battle system was kinda interesting by GOD even by JRPG standards the characters were obnoxious as hell!  It also has I think the worst tutorial I've ever experienced.  It treats you like a fucking idiot, there were full paragraphs of spoken dialogue to explain even the simplest of things like opening a chest or climbing a ladder.

I never realized it was developed by From Software.  That's curious little anecdote but this was before the Souls Series.

My own contribution now and I'll bet not many of you have played Prisoner of War, a PS2 game where you play a captured US in piolet in World War 2.  I also reckon (or at least hope) that not many of have played this piece of crap, which I consider to THE worst I have ever played.

The zombie aren't even acting or behaving like they are hungry for brains with how sluggish they walked towards a prospective food. 

3 hours ago, m76 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody here has played Revenge on School, since it was only ever available in my native language. It's a text adventure game from 1994, it is full of gratuitous violence and it's so absurd and grotesque that it's actually hilarious. There was only one thing certain: that every computer at school had a  copy of it somewhere hidden away in a folder.

What is your native language? Outside of Japanese and Spanish games, I don't typically play games in other languages.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

What is your native language? Outside of Japanese and Spanish games, I don't typically play games in other languages.

Hungarian - Some say it is the hardest language to learn, I wouldn't know.

22 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I had to look that up because I had no idea how one would make a horror game in 1986. It seems quite spooky, but the music is a bit... upbeat, I find! Mind, it sets the tone for what's about to follow: "your car erupts in an explosion! At least it will save you the cost of a tow!" 🤣

I'm sorry to say I've played this. I tried to play it again earlier this year and I also didn't like it for its controls. Bearing in mind this was right at the beginning in the hospital(?). I'm glad it wasn't just me, but it's also sad that others have had trouble with it.

As for games I'm certain nobody here's played, there's quite a few cheap picks, mostly those of the Warhammer 40,000 license. I'll pick something more interesting though and say Enchanted Arms. I hear lots of people say they're fans of FromSoftware for their Soulsborne games but never do I hear them claim they've played Enchanted Arms, which is a very different game to their usual fare. It's a 3D JRPG from the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 era, with tile-based tactical gameplay and mechanics and lore that you can understand, so in that regard it's nothing like a JRPG. Very fun, and virtually none of the praise/criticisms you could have for the Soulsborne games really applies here, so don't be turned on/off if you like/dislike FromSoftware's typical fare.

I swear I've heard the name somewhere before but I definitely haven't played it as yet.

9 hours ago, m76 said:

Hungarian - Some say it is the hardest language to learn, I wouldn't know.

If Hungarian is difficult to learn, what would that make English lol. I'm a native English Speaker and there's so many variations of English as in dialect, pronounciation and spelling. Hungarian is probably difficult to learn but nothing beats English.

21 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

at the beginning in the hospital(?). I'm glad it wasn't just me, but it's also sad that others have had trouble with it.

EXACTLY, then you die in the hospital but start playing again like nothing has happened, i didn't complete the game yet but it seems to be interesting

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

If Hungarian is difficult to learn, what would that make English lol. I'm a native English Speaker and there's so many variations of English as in dialect, pronounciation and spelling. Hungarian is probably difficult to learn but nothing beats English.

No language beats English language, it's simply universal. Everyone simply wants to learn it, if other non- English speakers learn and speak fluent in English, they are simply on the go, because lots of things in the internet and on the physical is written in English. 

Learning other languages as extra is worthwhile too. I'm not an English native speaker, I learned it, I'm happy to have known at least how to read and write somehow better. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

English is one of the easier languages to learn. I always laugh when some English speakers talk about how they have much more words than other languages. Then you look at the dictionary. And the Hungarian -> English dictionary is almost twice as thick as the English -> Hungarian one.

21 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

English language is broad indeed with many words, including it's slang words, Lol. English dictionary is simply heavy, a three year old child can't lift it up, the number if words content in it, it's very large indeed. 

It's kind of a shame that English has become the defacto language in the western world.  When the truth is it's a freak mutant of various other european languages and there are tons of complications with it that make it very difficult for even native speakers to understand at times.  Pointless silent letters, pointless double letters, cumbersome lack of gender neutral pronouns and theirs even different spellings depending on where you are.  We'd have been better off sticking to Latin.

Edited by Crazycrab

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

It's kind of a shame that English has become the defacto language in the western world.  When the truth is it's a freak mutant of various other european languages and there are tons of complications with it that make it very difficult for even native speakers to understand at times.  Pointless silent letters, pointless double letters, cumbersome lack of gender neutral pronouns and theirs even different spellings depending on where you are.  We'd have been better off sticking to Latin.

Lol, but we can't change the fact that English language is the most preferred language on Earth. Many people are simply speaking it. It's simply a language that is learned in the educational sectors as a course in most part of the world. But Latin isn't popular like English or learned as a course or subject worldwide, it's simply learned with in some countries, and not universal.