Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming with hand/wrist strain or swelling

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I can't see myself forcing through gaming just to complete some levels when my wrist is feeling pains. I'll definitely take some break and relax my hands to feel replenish to start again later. 

I can actually risk it when there is a monetary value tied to playing the game even when I'm injured as it's going to be the only motivation to keep playing. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I can actually risk it when there is a monetary value tied to playing the game even when I'm injured as it's going to be the only motivation to keep playing. 

Yes, if money is involved I will play for some time, but wouldn't still compromise my health simply for money derivative when I'm feeling pains everywhere. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:10 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, if money is involved I will play for some time, but wouldn't still compromise my health simply for money derivative when I'm feeling pains everywhere. 

If the money that we are talking about can take very good care of me and I still have lots of leftover, I would take that chance without thinking twice. 

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

If the money that we are talking about can take very good care of me and I still have lots of leftover, I would take that chance without thinking twice. 

That means you'll work till your body gets stiffed just for money? You shouldn't because of money compromise your health. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That means you'll work till your body gets stiffed just for money? You shouldn't because of money compromise your health. 

To some extent, I do that most often and it's only when the money is actually worth it to begin with. I'm not going to risk myself for a few penny. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

To some extent, I do that most often and it's only when the money is actually worth it to begin with. I'm not going to risk myself for a few penny. 

Hmm, it's okay. Since you're the one taking the risk you got no problem. You can simply take the risk, as for me, I wouldn't try it. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Does anyone here have issues with RSI, carpal tunnel, or anything else that makes your wrists/hands swell or hurt? What are your strategies for dealing with this and continuing to enjoy your games?

I'm of the opinion that the best strategy to make use of it is stop playing for a while and heal up before you continue all over again. 

7 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

You can simply embed your controller with rubber product, to erase the pains of holding the controller. That's what I do to avoid feeling the strain in my body. 

When there is an injury already, there is no amount of rubber or patch used in the controller that's going to stop it from hurting you. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

When there is an injury already, there is no amount of rubber or patch used in the controller that's going to stop it from hurting you. 

Ohh, that's quite different when you are carry an injury while playing, you'll definitely feel pain no matter how you pad the controller or your hand. The best is resting it when you're healed, start over again. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Ohh, that's quite different when you are carry an injury while playing, you'll definitely feel pain no matter how you pad the controller or your hand. The best is resting it when you're healed, start over again. 

Any sort of injury sustained while playing games is better for the gamer to lay off for a while and get better. 

Ps. The game is never running away xD. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Any sort of injury sustained while playing games is better for the gamer to lay off for a while and get better. 

Seriously, there is no way the game would grow wings and fly away immediately when he stops playing. It's really a bad decision in my opinion to keep playing. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

XD, it's never running away indeed, it's better to treat the injury relax it to heal and start over again when everything has returned normal.