Register Now
StaceyPowers

Can you enjoy a game without being crazy about its gameplay?

Yes, case in point: Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, and even Detroit Become Human. Those are just awful as games, but great as character dramas and stories. I even hated The Last of Us gameplay, albeit my problems with that would probably be eliminated if I could play with a mouse+kb. SCE should really bring that to PC finally.

Exactly the same feeling here. I play Rainbow Six Siege and Dota 2 regularly but have yet to sit down and play my backlog of single-player games, including the highly praised Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm a big fan of Rockstar Games. I'm a big fan of GTA. I loved the original RDR. But why is it so hard? I think getting older and having more responsibilities adds to it.

10 hours ago, Syntax said:

Yeah, games like Death Stranding that have an okay gameplay but the story is where the cake is at, is a perfect example in my eyes.

Yeah - it's actually where they messed up in the making of Death Stranding. The graphics was very good but the rest.... 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I usually try my best to stay calm and awake without feeling bored to at the game mostly on my fantasy. But we are humans we can't play more than our body permits. 

Seriously, when you get agitated with your gameplay, it's never going to fun at all for you. If you're losing, the calm way is better. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, when you get agitated with your gameplay, it's never going to fun at all for you. If you're losing, the calm way is better. 

No metter how I feel bad, being agitated wouldn't help me in either way because I'm doing myself more harm, I am now matured to take gaming as an open way of making fun and not toiling for nothing that isn't real. . 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

No metter how I feel bad, being agitated wouldn't help me in either way because I'm doing myself more harm, I am now matured to take gaming as an open way of making fun and not toiling for nothing that isn't real. . 

Yeah - you definitely know your behavioral patterns on how do deal with your gameplay frustration. It never helps when you give into the frustration.