Register Now
The Blackangel

La Llorona

I have family that are Mexican. They're not blood, but they are family nonetheless. I have talked about her with them, and the mother of the family (whom I call my sister) told me that her father encountered her. He saw and heard her, and it changed him for the rest of his life. She said he just wasn't the same man after that. Unfortunately I never got to meet him, as he died before we had even met. But they have told me a lot of the stories they are aware of. If I could speak Spanish, that would help things, but I can barely say "Hello" in Spanish.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have family that are Mexican. They're not blood, but they are family nonetheless. I have talked about her with them, and the mother of the family (whom I call my sister) told me that her father encountered her. He saw and heard her, and it changed him for the rest of his life. She said he just wasn't the same man after that. Unfortunately I never got to meet him, as he died before we had even met. But they have told me a lot of the stories they are aware of. If I could speak Spanish, that would help things, but I can barely say "Hello" in Spanish.

So I think, that should be your next objective, to learn some Spanish. That way, you'll be able to gather far more information...

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been using Rosetta Stone for a while now, but I'm not making much progress. I really suck at languages.

There's another called Pimsleur that was recommended to me by a frequent traveller to Colombia. It teaches you traditional Spanish as well as some of the dialects from various countries.

Oh man where should I start xD

Im mexican so almost every family here has a story related to the Llorona, these are the most relevant that I know of

The first it happened to me when I was probably 6 or 7, we went to my grandparents small town in south Mexico, the place is so small and remote there is probably less than 2000 people living there. It used to be a Revolutionary town so the place actually looks old, stone roads, old houses, people on horses, hell the place actually looks sepia tone xD
For context my grandma didnt had dogs since she had chickens and she liked having baby chicks running around the back yard and in the past the family dogs ate or killed the chickens.
Anyway so yeah I was like 6 or 7 me and my sister woke me up in the middle of the night saying she heard somebody walking outside the door that leads to the backyard, I assumed it was a family member so I went to check, and indeed I heard the footsteps but when I got closed to the door suddenly something started scratching the wooden door, like a dog trying to get in.... My sister and I ran back to our bed we cried ourselves to sleep and we both pissed our bed xD
After being scold in the morning by my mom, the neighboors came in asking if we had heard the screaming last night, apparently nobody else but them heard a women's scream coming from their backyard... Me and my sister pissed ourselves again that night after hearing that xD

Second story comes from one of my uncles, again same location.
He was working on a ranch nearby it was late night, there was no public light and only the ranch had electricity. From the ranch they notice somebody lurking around the are were they had the horses. My uncle and a coworker went out to check they probably though it was somebody trying to get in and steal something. They went separate ways trying to surround the intruder. My uncle claims that he saw a shadow just randomly walking through the open area but when he tried to get closer it just simply dissapeared, then suddenly he heard his coworker scream on the other side of the ranch he ran towards him and saw the shadow on the distance and his coworker on the ground, apparently he was having a heart attack. He was rushed to the hospital and lived but he became a stutterer, when he was asked what happened he claimed he saw a shadow, then the shadow became like a gray skin looking women with no eyes, he claimed she lunged at him and thats when he screamed. Ever since they know him as "El Tata" which is short for Tartamudo which is the stutterer in spanish.

Third and final story 
Happened to me when I was 14, agaiiin same town but not the same house. 
During the night I heard somebody loudly sobbing outisde the house, it was during the holiday parties so I just assumed somebody got dumped or was drunk, the sobbing sound passed by the house and went up the street until I could no longer hear it, so I just covered myself with my blanket and went back to sleep, suddenly I woke up with sleep paralisis and I heard the sobbing just outside my room, I was shitting myself scared (Not literally this time xD) I couldnt move, my dad was sleeping in the same room but I couldnt talk or scream. Then the sobbing was inside the room without opening the door. I had the blanket over my head so I couldnt see anything but heard it loud and clear then I heard like the curtains moving like if there was air coming in but the windows were closed, whatever it was walked around my room crying and then it left, then again I heard it outside room, then back again outside the house on the street and again walking up the street until it left. I woke up crying told my dad he just told me to go back to sleep with the tv on low volume. Next morning my dad told me he did saw the curtains moving like if there was wind but he said that he just assumed I left the window open but claims he didnt heard anything.

I honestly believe this could have been a Two Film project had they done it right. I would have made the first movie about La llorona and her life before how she was in love with this man they lived happily their marriage started going sour so then she killed her kids and had to go through her whole life crying in pain until her death. Once she died her spirit could not rest and out came this evil entity. Through Mexico the people would start to hear a woman crying at night mostly kids while they are sleeping and eventually they would come up missing after listening to her cries.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

I honestly believe this could have been a Two Film project had they done it right. I would have made the first movie about La llorona and her life before how she was in love with this man they lived happily their marriage started going sour so then she killed her kids and had to go through her whole life crying in pain until her death. Once she died her spirit could not rest and out came this evil entity. Through Mexico the people would start to hear a woman crying at night mostly kids while they are sleeping and eventually they would come up missing after listening to her cries.

Maybe a prequel? It's not out of the realm of possibility.