Register Now
Heatman

FIFA 15 Server officially shutdown

On 9/17/2021 at 10:41 PM, Justin11 said:

I believe EA FIFA game series developers did that simply to attract people looking up to newer versions. Because if they allowed FIFA 15 running for long, many won't upgrade to newer versions they'll simply stuck on the older versions. 

So they know what they are doing, they have business strategies to drive sales for every new game series. 

Yeah - I actually believe that's the case as they are looking at pushing the new version into the market more than the old one. 

On 9/17/2021 at 4:41 PM, Justin11 said:

I believe EA FIFA game series developers did that simply to attract people looking up to newer versions. Because if they allowed FIFA 15 running for long, many won't upgrade to newer versions they'll simply stuck on the older versions. 

So they know what they are doing, they have business strategies to drive sales for every new game series. 

I wouldn't blame them because the newer games hardly offer anything groundbreaking over the 2015 version.

44 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't blame them because the newer games hardly offer anything groundbreaking over the 2015 version.

I've got to ask what was the big deal with 15?  As far I could tell they barely changed anything from the previous years and aside from the move to Frostbite in FIFA 17 they've barely changed anything since.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

I've got to ask what was the big deal with 15?  As far I could tell they barely changed anything from the previous years and aside from the move to Frostbite in FIFA 17 they've barely changed anything since.

It was the last solid Fifa game that was actually bug free for the most part and I think it was the first one that had a fully developed Pro Clubs where you could play on a team online with other Fifa players. Pro Clubs was really the highlight of that year and a lot of us had so much fun.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It was the last solid Fifa game that was actually bug free for the most part and I think it was the first one that had a fully developed Pro Clubs where you could play on a team online with other Fifa players. Pro Clubs was really the highlight of that year and a lot of us had so much fun.

Exactly - it's actually why a lot of people loved the FIFA 15 server. Maybe because FIFA recent games have disappointed, they are all looked at like bad output. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - it's actually why a lot of people loved the FIFA 15 server. Maybe because FIFA recent games have disappointed, they are all looked at like bad output. 

I heard there are some changes to this year's pro clubs but I haven't bothered to check it out. With Konami screwing up PES and turning it into a F2P microtransaction mess, Fifa is the only football game left...

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I heard there are some changes to this year's pro clubs but I haven't bothered to check it out. With Konami screwing up PES and turning it into a F2P microtransaction mess, Fifa is the only football game left...

I'd argue that FIFA is worse, at least PES' bullshit doesn't have a $60 - $70 buy in in order to pay more money for useless in game crap.

6 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'd argue that FIFA is worse, at least PES' bullshit doesn't have a $60 - $70 buy in in order to pay more money for useless in game crap.

You're wrong. With FIFA, you're not paying $60 - $70 up front for the "privilege " to buy useless in-game crap, it's worse. The lootboxes in FUT are pure pay-to-win.

13 hours ago, Shagger said:

You're wrong. With FIFA, you're not paying $60 - $70 up front for the "privilege " to buy useless in-game crap, it's worse. The lootboxes in FUT are pure pay-to-win.

You mean you consider FUT coins used to buy card packs with < 1% of getting the best cards, of witch even they become completely pointless after a year when the next game rolls something "useful"?. 

I VERY strongly disagree.  No in game items, pay to win or not, has any use or value in the real world.  Especially in yearly roll out titles like FIFA.

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

You mean you consider FUT coins used to buy card packs with < 1% of getting the best cards, of witch even they become completely pointless after a year when the next game rolls something "useful"?. 

I VERY strongly disagree.  No in game items, pay to win or not, has any use or value in the real world.  Especially in yearly roll out titles like FIFA.

You have a point there. So it's actually falsely presenting itself as pay-to-win to temp people into paying more money. God, does it get more scummy than that?

On 9/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, Shagger said:

You have a point there. So it's actually falsely presenting itself as pay-to-win to temp people into paying more money. God, does it get more scummy than that?

Seriously - it doesn't no matter how one tries to justify these acts. Unfortunately, there are people who don't mind giving into that crap. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:04 AM, Shagger said:

To be fair, I have never played FUT team when I was playing Fifa. It was either online matches, Pro Clubs or Career mode - I wouldn't waste my money on something like that.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, I have never played FUT team when I was playing Fifa. It was either online matches, Pro Clubs or Career mode - I wouldn't waste my money on something like that.

My brother's play is strictly online. Nothing else interests in when it comes to playing outside being online. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

My brother's play is strictly online. Nothing else interests in when it comes to playing outside being online. 

FUT has never really interested me in any way, shape or form and because you have to spend real money on it, I avoid it like the plague.