Register Now
killamch89

Have you ever inquired about your lineage?

On 9/18/2021 at 7:43 PM, killamch89 said:

Hispanic, Scottish, Syrian, and Black

That's a wild mix you got there. I don't know much about my family's migration but do know my DNA which is as follows: Spanish, English, Scottish, Sicilian, French, Dutch, (German is iffy because at one point the record said I was German, then changed it and added a higher percent to my Italian-so don't know), Native American, North African area, and less than 1% percent in each of the following: Mongolian, Ashkenazi Jew, Congolese. I have recent migration of my DNA to Argentina, but not native there. On my Sicilian side, my great grandpa moved the family from Sicily to New York in the early 1900's and he was a boxer. 

My heritage is a few less than you guys. On my mothers side it would be dominantly German and to a lesser extent Irish and Scottish. On my fathers side is 100% Scottish Celt. More than 70% of my entire heritage is from the Highlands. It's why I have spent the last several years searching for someone who is fluent that would be willing to teach me Scottish Gaelic. So far either no one knows it, or they're just not interested despite the fact that I'm willing to pay.

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's a wild mix you got there. I don't know much about my family's migration but do know my DNA which is as follows: Spanish, English, Scottish, Sicilian, French, Dutch, (German is iffy because at one point the record said I was German, then changed it and added a higher percent to my Italian-so don't know), Native American, North African area, and less than 1% percent in each of the following: Mongolian, Ashkenazi Jew, Congolese. I have recent migration of my DNA to Argentina, but not native there. On my Sicilian side, my great grandpa moved the family from Sicily to New York in the early 1900's and he was a boxer. 

I never really did the Ancestry DNA thing so I maybe need  to try that. I wonder what else I'd find out about my heritage - Most of the knowledge I have about mine is through my parents, grandparents and a some of my other relatives.