Register Now
killamch89

Are you close to your family?

4 hours ago, Sharon said:

I am very close to my immediate family yes. Which is interesting because we all live apart from each other like in different states. Distance does make the heart fonder I suppose!

My dad's dead but when he was alive, I used to talk to him occasionally. Right now, I don't live near any of my siblings.

Lately, I haven't been close to many in my family.   As hinted at in another thread, they are flaky parent types who are convinced people they despise are trailer inhabiting, lazy, effeminate, welfare taking drug users, lol.  I'd like to get along with them.  I really would, but I'd have to confront them about their errors.

We're mostly all-over-the-place and we are not close, in fact I have not sen my brother in over 15 years and never even meet my sister is law. I tend to be close to the people that I love with and no more. We have people living everywhere and at times not even a phone call away Xd

My parents did good to bring me to this world, I want to repay them for the act of bringing me to life. I am not staying with them now, but I'm still close to them, they're still young and vibrant, my siblings are doing well too, we connect regularly. I have uncles and aunts, all are doing well, including my grand mom. 

My junior brother haven't seen our grandparents for 5 years because he's out of the country. He's been meaning to come back and see them before they journey to the beyond. They are very old as of now. My grandfather is about 102 and my grandma is about 97 years old. 

I don't have any brothers or sisters but i'm very close with my parents, Not only are they my parents, i also consider them as friends altough i know i shoulden't, they were always very understanding and put up with all my shit over the years, i feel like they are the most important people in my life.

The rest of my family i see maybe once or twice a year, most of my family do their own thing and i find it good that way.

Are you the only child of your parents @Yaramaki? At the moment I am close to my parents they see me as their pet because I'm the last born, and they said I have to be with them for some time, take care of them before I seek pastures new. I'm not bothered though, because I love my parents. I have brothers and sisters, we connect so well. 

On 4/26/2022 at 9:05 AM, Yaramaki said:

I don't have any brothers or sisters but i'm very close with my parents, Not only are they my parents, i also consider them as friends altough i know i shoulden't, they were always very understanding and put up with all my shit over the years, i feel like they are the most important people in my life.

The rest of my family i see maybe once or twice a year, most of my family do their own thing and i find it good that way.

Wow, you're an only child. Some people used to say that they are always lonely because they have no siblings to play with. How true is that? 

On 5/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, Heatman said:

Wow, you're an only child. Some people used to say that they are always lonely because they have no siblings to play with. How true is that? 

You make it sound like it's a bad thing, it's not something i can do much about either. My parents were always hard working and were quite busy with their careers and they always told me they diden't have the time to have more children offcourse now they admit they should have had atleast had one more child. 

After my dad retired we became very close because he actually started taking an interest in what i was doing, he went with me on hikes atleast once a week and  whatnot he's getting older so those really long hikes he can't do anymore but we genuily do stuff together now , something we never did when i was a kid because they were always busy.

I never felt lonely as a kid i spent a lot of time with grandparents and my 2 nieces were also there most of the time so we always played together, when i turned 12 my parents sent me to a Boarding school where i stayed until i graduated from said school, so i was always together of kids my age from morning till it was bedtime.

But it's true being alone as a kid has shaped me somewhat, while i'm a pretty social guy i like being on my own too, like i don't have a problem when i don't see anybody for a few days as i like doing my own thing and not having to give a fuck about what somebody else think if you know what i mean.

Disowned. I cut them out damn near 10 years ago, and haven't spoken to anyone since. Actually I don't even know where to find the anymore. They don't know where or how to find me either. Which keeps things going smoothly. I'm happy they're gone, as I want nothing to do with anyone that I have a chromosomal link to.