Register Now
killamch89

Are you close to your family?

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

You make it sound like it's a bad thing, it's not something i can do much about either. My parents were always hard working and were quite busy with their careers and they always told me they diden't have the time to have more children offcourse now they admit they should have had atleast had one more child. 

After my dad retired we became very close because he actually started taking an interest in what i was doing, he went with me on hikes atleast once a week and  whatnot he's getting older so those really long hikes he can't do anymore but we genuily do stuff together now , something we never did when i was a kid because they were always busy.

I never felt lonely as a kid i spent a lot of time with grandparents and my 2 nieces were also there most of the time so we always played together, when i turned 12 my parents sent me to a Boarding school where i stayed until i graduated from said school, so i was always together of kids my age from morning till it was bedtime.

But it's true being alone as a kid has shaped me somewhat, while i'm a pretty social guy i like being on my own too, like i don't have a problem when i don't see anybody for a few days as i like doing my own thing and not having to give a fuck about what somebody else think if you know what i mean.

Not at all, I'm not seeing it as a bad. I have a friend who's got just a daughter and he told me he's never going to have another one. One thing he makes sure always is being there for the children almost all the time, so that way she never felt lonely. 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:33 AM, Heatman said:

Wow, you're an only child. Some people used to say that they are always lonely because they have no siblings to play with. How true is that? 

@Yaramaki is the lucky one who didn't have to share with their siblings and the constant back and forth over who's turn it is to play the PS2 etc. Not to mention the constant pranks. They get all the undivided love and attention from their parents.

I have a good relationship with my family, aside those we haven't seen for a while maybe due to distance barrier. My mom is actually my favorite person and we talk about a lot of things, she believes as an adult I know what is best for me and doesn't try to impose anything on me. I have really interesting siblings and cousins as well and we do meet up at times and have a good time.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:24 PM, killamch89 said:

@Yaramaki is the lucky one who didn't have to share with their siblings and the constant back and forth over who's turn it is to play the PS2 etc. Not to mention the constant pranks. They get all the undivided love and attention from their parents.

Haha, I can remember what my little brother used to do sometimes with our controller. Once I leave the house, he would hide the console's controllers just to make sure he's the one that plays first whenever we came back.