Register Now
killamch89

Do you like bathing in cold water? Why or why not?

Depending on the temperature and my mood, I either love it or can't stand it all. It's good to have a cold shower after a rigorous exercise session and sometimes, I'll alternate between cold and hot water which is very relaxing for sore muscles. Do you like bathing in cold water?

I do! Not always but yes particularly after a long run. Mainly because by the time I get home and cool down I am ready to wash away all of the sweat, grime, and saltiness of my body and don't want to wait for the water to warm up. It also feels really good after the initial shock.

5 hours ago, Sharon said:

I do! Not always but yes particularly after a long run. Mainly because by the time I get home and cool down I am ready to wash away all of the sweat, grime, and saltiness of my body and don't want to wait for the water to warm up. It also feels really good after the initial shock.

I love alternating between hot and cold water after a workout - it really relaxes your muscles.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If it's an extremely hot day, a cold shower is the perfect thing. I don't dry off completely, I just mop up the heavy water that is still on my body, and leave the rest alone.

Yeah - it definitely keeps you cool on an extremely hot day.

Cold exposure increases brown fat which is used to generate body heat, you become warmer blooded and more resistant to the cold. That's what is god for but many other things, Has been years since I had a bath, cold shower I had.