Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you ever skip optional content?

2 hours ago, m76 said:

On my first playthrough of a game I always go for full immersion. I do the content that makes sense for the situations and what feels natural.

If the game is absolutely brilliant, I'll do a second play through where I try to do all meaningful side missions, but I'm still not going to be collecting rocks. The concept of 100%-ing a game is completely alien to me, I never did that even in my most favorite, beloved games, ever.

Well, as long as you know your way around the game, it's very understandable why you wouldn't mind being selective in what to do and what not to do in some games. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - It's actually the very good reason why those were made available in the game and some people wouldn't want to make use of it all. If it's not available, same gamers will nag over it. 

I agree - you just can't please some people. They'll always find something to complain about in certain games.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - you just can't please some people. They'll always find something to complain about in certain games.

Seriously - it gets really frustrating sometimes when you have it already in your mind that nothing you do would be enough for all. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha, so you aren't going to help him find out if his wife was truly unfaithful and cheating on him 😂

will surely help man to know what's going on behind the scenes, but that task is really boring, you just stalk the wife and film her sitting with her boss in a restaurant then kill them both together lol

I think the only game where I actually enjoy the side content/quests is GTA. Grand Theft Auto 5 had some amazing side quests and their random events made the game quite interesting as well. Nothing like picking up a random hitchhiker and being able to decide whether to take her to the cult in the mountains or drop her off at her destination.

3 hours ago, Darth said:

I think the only game where I actually enjoy the side content/quests is GTA. Grand Theft Auto 5 had some amazing side quests and their random events made the game quite interesting as well. Nothing like picking up a random hitchhiker and being able to decide whether to take her to the cult in the mountains or drop her off at her destination.

I enjoy the part of cutscenes that always show where I went to night club just to relax my myead via GTA San Andreas. I quickly go in, and demand for a side chick, to spend time with, but when you hit the chick at the back, she'll just scream, talking shit, lol. That's the beauty of San Andreas GTA. 

On 9/22/2021 at 7:35 PM, Patrik said:

will surely help man to know what's going on behind the scenes, but that task is really boring, you just stalk the wife and film her sitting with her boss in a restaurant then kill them both together lol

Yeah, I can very well agree that the task is a very boring one which most gamers actually skip. I'm not surprised you did too. 

On 9/30/2021 at 12:14 AM, Justin11 said:

It's hard for me to skip any optional content in games, I love keeping it real not skipping until I finish the level or contest which I created. 

Once the content isn't something that would be very boring, it's very important that I take the information because it might be useful in the future. 

On 10/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, Heatman said:

Once the content isn't something that would be very boring, it's very important that I take the information because it might be useful in the future. 

Sure, if it's not boring then it is worth the time to glance at it, it can be used as the game proceeds to later stages. That's why I'm always keeping close attention to the hints and tips section. 

On 10/3/2021 at 2:01 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Unless the content have been repetitive before I can consider skipping. If not for that, their is nothing making me skipping any game scenes or hints option. 

If you have a video game content that's unique on its own, there is no justifiable reason for having it skipped. 

On 10/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, Heatman said:

If you have a video game content that's unique on its own, there is no justifiable reason for having it skipped. 

Provided the game isn't repetitive in nature. If its repetitive in nature, then their is no need leaving the option of skipping silent.