Register Now
StaceyPowers

Why are some survival upgrades locked on Ellie in TLOU II?

I am new to TLOU II. So, I saved up a bunch of supplements so I could get the +25% health perk for Ellie under the Survival upgrades. But for some reason, it is grayed out and marked as locked? As far as I know, one does not need a training manual for this. Am I missing something here? Like do I have to take them in a particular order?

@Shagger can you please help me with this? I don't want to spend my supplements on other things without knowing what is going on.

You need to purchase the upgrades on each skill tree in order to unlock the next one. In this case, you have to have purchased "Listen Mode Movement Speed I" then "Faster Health Kits" before the +25% to health to be able to purchase that perk.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

You need to purchase the upgrades on each skill tree in order to unlock the next one. In this case, you to have to have purchased "Listen Mode Movement Speed I" then "Faster Health Kits" before the +25% to health to be able to purchase that perk.

ohhhh thank you so much. I could not find a reference to that anywhere, and I did not want to buy upgrades until I knew.

Yeah, each category that is unlocked you have to purchase the top one first in the row before you can purchase the one under it. I never did unlock all of the abilities in each row so don't start unlocking or purchasing everything in an entire row. Get what you feel you need and save some supplements for other tiers you unlock by finding the survival guides. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah, each category that is unlocked you have to purchase the top one first in the row before you can purchase the one under it. I never did unlock all of the abilities in each row so don't start unlocking or purchasing everything in an entire row. Get what you feel you need and save some supplements for other tiers you unlock by finding the survival guides. 

That is exactly why I was hesitating. I didn't want to miss out on other upgrades. Though I think the Survival tier should be useful all around.