Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you handle a situation in a game where you are out of supplies and health?

4 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Do you play GTA San Andres? I need to hear from you, then I'll tell you what to press using your controller for it to appear. 

Yes of course, I do play GTA San Andres, if not I wouldn't be asking for the tips on how to do that. 

On 9/21/2021 at 7:55 AM, Withywarlock said:
  • Withywarlock's Diplomatique. If tabletop gamers talked to each other about a problem, there'd be 85% less forum posts about tabletop drama and questions for game masters. Likewise, 85% more games with dialogue options would be better if I could talk or bribe my way past an enemy or situation. I'd even be for a game where I can talk a crevasse being easier to bound, or a door into opening (which technically exists with knock spells and such if they have vocal components). Given you reach godlike levels (if only in theme and lore rather than mechanics) in many video games, it'd be nice for you to actually have such mythical powers, to be completely convincing in all things. It's overpowered, but that's the whole point of reaching godly levels.

The Witcher 3 has Axii ability to help dialogue, but he puts their mind under a subservient spell so that they do as he wishes. You could even make the enemy fight the other enemies for you. That's like the berserk ability in some games. 

In a world without magic, run

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The Witcher 3 has Axii ability to help dialogue, but he puts their mind under a subservient spell so that they do as he wishes. You could even make the enemy fight the other enemies for you. That's like the berserk ability in some games. 

In a world without magic, run

I remember the ability, but I was a bit disappointed that it couldn't be used in every single dialogue to get one's way. But then I suppose that's the point: you'd breeze through every such encounter and probably make Geralt less himself and more my sort of character. I should really use it in combat more often though, I often find myself easily outnumbered.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, killamch89 said:

That's my strategy when I'm backed into a corner and have nothing else to lose...

Exactly - it would definitely come to a point where you have to accept the fact that all that's available for you is to fight to the death.