Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here ever regretted a preorder so much you won’t preorder again?

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

He definitely had the money to get it at that time, although pre ordering two of the games at the same time is really too much. 

You are very correct about that. Money is never a problem for him when it comes to spending money on anything or whatever he fancy. 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, Boblee said:

You are very correct about that. Money is never a problem for him when it comes to spending money on anything or whatever he fancy. 

I wish I could do that sometimes but too much sense wouldn't allow me to because I will access and evaluate up and down, then still decide against it. 

If games offered a nice bonus for pre-ordering, I'd say it'd be worth it. But most pre-orders give you shit. I don't count stuff like DLC, bonus skins, soundtracks or other digital stuff. Because you can only use those for a limited time, in a game that you'll play for a limited time anyway. 

Personally, if they give you a poster, an art book, and extra physical goodies for pre-ordering, then it'd be worth it. But for just getting the game early, or extra DLC, I never feel it's worth it. 

12 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

If games offered a nice bonus for pre-ordering, I'd say it'd be worth it. But most pre-orders give you shit. I don't count stuff like DLC, bonus skins, soundtracks or other digital stuff. Because you can only use those for a limited time, in a game that you'll play for a limited time anyway. 

Personally, if they give you a poster, an art book, and extra physical goodies for pre-ordering, then it'd be worth it. But for just getting the game early, or extra DLC, I never feel it's worth it. 

They feel probably that the cut price from what the game would be sold when it's official released is enough gift to spare those who pre ordered the games. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sadly they don't offer anything more realistic in pre orders of video games. It's only going to worth it when the game is really worth the pre order in terms of what the games offered. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Sadly they don't offer anything more realistic in pre orders of video games. It's only going to worth it when the game is really worth the pre order in terms of what the games offered. 

Just like I have already said, the only thing I feel they feel like it's tangible they offer was the discounts on the game they give to the gamers!! 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Just like I have already said, the only thing I feel they feel like it's tangible they offer was the discounts on the game they give to the gamers!! 

Which is definitely not worth anything in my eyes based on what they are gambling on with the pre order of games. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Which is definitely not worth anything in my eyes based on what they are gambling on with the pre order of games. 

I would have pre ordered Elden Ring but for some reasons I decided not to do so. It's already very close to its release and I would know for sure if the wait was worth it. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

I would have pre ordered Elden Ring but for some reasons I decided not to do so. It's already very close to its release and I would know for sure if the wait was worth it. 

Personally, I think it's too late to get the game on pre order now as it's almost time for its release with just few weeks left on the clock. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I think it's too late to get the game on pre order now as it's almost time for its release with just few weeks left on the clock. 

It's almost at the end of next month which isn't up to 30 more days. So, I would like to wait it out till it's released. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

Although, some gamers don't really care much about it because a friend of mine already pre ordered Forbidden Horizon West. 

Seriously, I have good reasons to believe that the game is worth it when it comes to getting it on pre order. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I have good reasons to believe that the game is worth it when it comes to getting it on pre order. 

Well, these game developers and publishers can up to disappoint you when you least expect it and it's why I'm always skeptical most of the time. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, these game developers and publishers can up to disappoint you when you least expect it and it's why I'm always skeptical most of the time. 

As long as it's not EA that's behind the making of Forbidden Horizon West or Elden Ring , I'm definitely not worried.