Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here ever regretted a preorder so much you won’t preorder again?

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

When you know you don't have much of the funds, you shouldn't bother pre-ordering, you should simply reserve the risk, and buy when it becomes rapidly available. 

It's not even about having money that makes it needful to pre order but being in a haste to play first and which doesn't go well most of the time. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's not even about having money that makes it needful to pre order but being in a haste to play first and which doesn't go well most of the time. 

You're somewhat right, those who first pre-ordered wants to play it first before others come through the rank and enjoying what they first acquired. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're somewhat right, those who first pre-ordered wants to play it first before others come through the rank and enjoying what they first acquired. 

Maybe they have a point to prove with being among the first gamers that played it using the pre order. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Maybe they have a point to prove with being among the first gamers that played it using the pre order. 

So, they'll be included in the guiness book of record when it comes to being the first to play the video game that is newly launched from pre-order. 

17 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

So, they'll be included in the guiness book of record when it comes to being the first to play the video game that is newly launched from pre-order. 

That's absolutely hilarious my friend. I have never thought of such ever and maybe it's something that might be possible. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

That's absolutely hilarious my friend. I have never thought of such ever and maybe it's something that might be possible. Who knows? 

Yeah, their is nothing humans can't bring on or create simply for personal derivatives. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't go down as discussed. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

There are ones that do pre order games from time to time and I wouldn't fault them because most of the wisen up of us used to be like them. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

There are ones that do pre order games from time to time and I wouldn't fault them because most of the wisen up of us used to be like them. 

Their is no problem with pre-order of games. If you live it, then go for it. Remember, not everyone love it, due to the scam that comes through it. 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Their is no problem with pre-order of games. If you live it, then go for it. Remember, not everyone love it, due to the scam that comes through it. 

I wouldn't really call pre orders a scam per say. I think that they are two different things and scam is far too wide off the chart. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I wouldn't really call pre orders a scam per say. I think that they are two different things and scam is far too wide off the chart. 

No one is calling it scam, but some individuals who are fraudulent have hidden under the umbrella of the true video game vendor to scam people with it. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

No one is calling it scam, but some individuals who are fraudulent have hidden under the umbrella of the true video game vendor to scam people with it. 

Seriously, I still don't understand how someone would be scammed in  games pre orders. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I still don't understand how someone would be scammed in  games pre orders. 

xD, that's when you'll come to know how some persons are ridiculous. Always finding means to outsmart their fellow. Some persons do impersonate those popular stores, claiming to be real and offering pre-order to customers, at the end the order wasn't delivered. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

xD, that's when you'll come to know how some persons are ridiculous. Always finding means to outsmart their fellow. Some persons do impersonate those popular stores, claiming to be real and offering pre-order to customers, at the end the order wasn't delivered. 

Game Publishers want you to pre-order because;

1. The buyers don't get to see reviews before buying, so the company in question gets the money before the buyer even knows if it will be worth it.
  2. The publisher get's money, and give the person back absolutely nothing. They only get a "promise" that they'll get a game. I's the ultimate transaction to favour a cooperation.
  3. It forces players to pay full price. That suits the publisher better than people buying a game at a reduced price father down the road.
  4. It looks good to shareholders and investors when a publisher says "Look how much money we've made before we have even put out any kind of product."

Scammers want ALL the money, they wanted all the money YESTERDAY and they want to give you NOTHING for it, and that's essentially what a pre-order is. As aforementioned, you given them money, and they give you absolutely nothing in return except a "promise". So calling it a "scam" is not that far from the truth.

It's not like they're gonna run out of stock for the game, especially with digital distribution, so pre-ordering to secure your copy of the game is just not a reason to pre-order anymore. The only reason I would pre-order a game now is if there was a lot of games I was interested in releasing at roughly the same time. I would consider pre-ordering a couple of them to "spread the cost" as it were, but that's only time I would do it. I certainly don't trust game companies even slightly any more. I was burned by Destiny and No Man's Sky, and after that, I was done with that shit.

Edited by Shagger