Register Now
StaceyPowers

In what ways has being part of a gaming community enhanced your gaming experience?

In what ways has being part of a gaming community enhanced your gaming experience? For me, it has helped me discover games I might have otherwise never known about or overlooked. Sometimes other gamers have also drawn my attention to details and interpretations I also would not have noticed or come up with on my own.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's always good to expand your knowledge on games - that way if you ever plan to play them in the future you have an idea of what you're getting yourself into.

Seriously - no knowledge is a waste, so the more you get, the more you store up something that would be very beneficial to you in the future. 

5 hours ago, m76 said:

Mostly by having someone to discuss games with, as none of my IRL friends are gamers.

Sure, I don't have friends that talks about gaming like me, I have a brother who love games like me, but he doesn't recommend any for me, I do recommend for him. That's why I'm in love with VGR now cos many here are recommending interesting games to me. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:02 PM, Head_Hunter said:

For instance VGR is my second gaming community, and I love being around gaming community a lot, it helps me knowing more interesting games, sharing ideas with my fellow gamers. 

What's the first gaming community that you're a member on? Are you still active in the platform? 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:02 PM, Head_Hunter said:

For instance VGR is my second gaming community, and I love being around gaming community a lot, it helps me knowing more interesting games, sharing ideas with my fellow gamers. 

I have been a member on VGR since 2019 and it's all been good experience for me till date. I'm even planning on inviting some of my friends to the community. 

Edited by Heatman

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Sure, I don't have friends that talks about gaming like me, I have a brother who love games like me, but he doesn't recommend any for me, I do recommend for him. That's why I'm in love with VGR now cos many here are recommending interesting games to me. 

Exactly. I joined the forums to interact with the fellow gamers and know how they feel about a game. Obviously, their feedback is much better and genuine than watching those reviews which are completely biased. 

It has broadened my horizons and introduced to many great games, that are for the most part out of my comfort zone. In gaming I have always heavily favored fantasy games. Zelda has always topped that list. But since being here I have been introduced to games like RDR2, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Layers Of Fear, Cuphead, and Blasphemous, just to name a few. There are others that I have won in the bidding, that I had no idea existed, but upon watching the trailer for them enjoyed the hell out of the game.

I have found countless games that I otherwise would have never known existed, many that are genre's that I have never enjoyed before. RDR2 being the obvious example.