Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you want from VR?

I want a virtual reality experience that doesn't make me nauseous. Might be an unfair judgement since my only virtual reality experience is from those crappy devices where you stick your phone into it but because of that, I'm never really going to try VR unless I know for sure that it won't make me feel sick.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd prefer laying down in some kind of pod and then being transported to some kind of virtual world and you'd get some realistic feedback like heat from fires etc.

That's not impossible, atleast as long as you are playing at your home. Have you tried real flying simulator used for training of pilots. It has a small chamber and gives you real flight experience. Same way, for what you said you will need such type of chamber. 😆

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd prefer laying down in some kind of pod and then being transported to some kind of virtual world and you'd get some realistic feedback like heat from fires etc.

I have actually seen that in movies before and it was very cool. If they can get that set with VR, I'm definitely going to be interested in it. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have actually seen that in movies before and it was very cool. If they can get that set with VR, I'm definitely going to be interested in it. 

That's how I'd want it instead of standing up and moving and running into walls and stuff like this: 

Or your own dog starts judging you like this:

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's how I'd want it instead of standing up and moving and running into walls and stuff like this: 

Seriously - it doesn't even look safe to stand up like that because you might bump into something and have a serious injury. 

To not feel like I'm wearing someone else's spectacles, which is how I described my VR experience at the Van Gogh Immersive Experience in York for an article. It was worth paying the ~£6 for about 15 minutes of being taken on a tour around Gogh's works in a 3D realm, but it strained my eyes a bit and I had to close my peepers every so often so I wouldn't need a pair of specs of my own. My partner, whose syncope was fortunately not brought on by the experience, felt she could only last that amount of time; any longer and she would've felt her motion sickness coming on.

I really don't want to pay the money I would for VR to play for 10 minutes at a time at most. I'd like to play as long as I do any typical gaming session without having to rest my eyes, but I suspect that won't happen for a while. I'm happy to wait, but I suspect AR or something else will come along and do everything VR wanted to do better.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Although I have seen in shopping malls over here where kids are strapped in some kind of a chair while making use of the VR. I think that's even more safer. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Although I have seen in shopping malls over here where kids are strapped in some kind of a chair while making use of the VR. I think that's even more safer. 

That makes far more sense than having them moving around and potentially hurting themselves. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That makes far more sense than having them moving around and potentially hurting themselves. 

Yeah - kids are fragile to begin with when it comes not getting strapped with VR play. I'm sure it's why they have to make those arrangements. 

Changes are always expected, when it comes to allowing gamers to make a wish over changes you want, that's when you'll come to see wishes that will never be realistic in the next 100 years around videos and consoles, even though it improves to the level we want, still some features can't be added.