Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you want from VR?

On 9/21/2021 at 9:26 AM, Withywarlock said:

To not feel like I'm wearing someone else's spectacles, which is how I described my VR experience at the Van Gogh Immersive Experience in York for an article. It was worth paying the ~£6 for about 15 minutes of being taken on a tour around Gogh's works in a 3D realm, but it strained my eyes a bit and I had to close my peepers every so often so I wouldn't need a pair of specs of my own. My partner, whose syncope was fortunately not brought on by the experience, felt she could only last that amount of time; any longer and she would've felt her motion sickness coming on.

I really don't want to pay the money I would for VR to play for 10 minutes at a time at most. I'd like to play as long as I do any typical gaming session without having to rest my eyes, but I suspect that won't happen for a while. I'm happy to wait, but I suspect AR or something else will come along and do everything VR wanted to do better.

I was discussing with a friend of mine who said if it's possible to induce a kind of sleep with the use of VR in gaming, it's something that would interest him to do. I have seen it in movies but not sure if it's just for tricks. 

Not my field, but I would say medical and technically most jobs, because while not hands on training, it can be pretty close to the real thing if the application has a budget and team behind it, and some people including me learn pretty much mostly once you actually start doing it. I forget like 86% of the things learned by ear.

When it comes to virtual reality games, we shouldn't expect every changes to be implemented within short duration of time. Even if it's on the reach of the developers they'll always be slow to implement all. They'll simply be bringing new changes every season to motivate it's gamers. 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, Justin11 said:

I want to experience the actions myself, by wearing the ultralight headset if possibly feeling the impact of the game, be the real protagonist in the game like it's a real life gaming. 

It's not really that safe to wear the headset and engage in the games because it might result to accidents. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

It's not really that safe to wear the headset and engage in the games because it might result to accidents. 

Lol, but I'm in my room playing it alone, at ease. How are mine going to incur accident again buddy? Moreover I'm not going to raise the volume 100%

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, but I'm in my room playing it alone, at ease. How are mine going to incur accident again buddy? Moreover I'm not going to raise the volume 100%

Some people don't really like such noise when they are not into games. It's why I don't really play out loud. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Some people don't really like such noise when they are not into games. It's why I don't really play out loud. 

Yes, I don't like noisy background too, and I don't listen to music in a loud volume, I use headset to make it play on my own best hearing when playing video games. 

22 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, I don't like noisy background too, and I don't listen to music in a loud volume, I use headset to make it play on my own best hearing when playing video games. 

Loud music is always frustrating to my ears. It's only when I'm in a club that I would be irritated be excessive loud music. 

On 10/1/2021 at 4:13 PM, Heatman said:

Loud music is always frustrating to my ears. It's only when I'm in a club that I would be irritated be excessive loud music. 

Lol, it's kinda damned, it affects the listening, I can't get to hear perfectly when the music is playing loud. That's why I don't go out often to noisy club or guest house. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, Justin11 said:

Lol, it's kinda damned, it affects the listening, I can't get to hear perfectly when the music is playing loud. That's why I don't go out often to noisy club or guest house. 

Exactly - It's only when I club, knowing fully well what to expect in the club house that excessive loud music don't piss me off. 

12 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - It's only when I club, knowing fully well what to expect in the club house that excessive loud music don't piss me off. 

Music is life, I don't get pissed off by music especially the solo music, but not listening it at the highest volume, so it wouldn't affect my hearing.