Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did a reviewer ever change how you perceived a game?

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

As long as there is a very good point at which you can have access to the free internet Wi-Fi, you should set up your timetable for it and have it used when you are in such environment. 

Yes, that's what I do sometimes, even though I don't catch up with it all the time. Cos school management have a specific timescale they allow public use. 

On 10/17/2021 at 3:43 PM, Darth said:

I rarely read game reviews, to be honest because my impression of a game is the most important. I've seen way too many bad gaming reviews of games that I have loved and enjoyed a lot to put a lot of trust in them. Some journalists seem to have agendas as well which is not great.

Seriously - you have a very good point because without a doubt there are reviews that's not worth it. If you take it hook, line and sinker, they will have you deceived. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the review is worth it, it can very well influence my decisions if I have verified from other sources that the reviewer was honest with his review. 

I'll accept the reviews made from  reviewers when they are actually saying same thing, and not contrary. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the review is worth it, it can very well influence my decisions if I have verified from other sources that the reviewer was honest with his review. 

Yeah - I always make sure to go over a few other reviews to see if they're saying the same thing.

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I'll accept the reviews made from  reviewers when they are actually saying same thing, and not contrary. 

It might not be exactly the same thing 100% because if it's so, it looks fishy. But there will be a good relationship with what both reviews says. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

It might not be exactly the same thing 100% because if it's so, it looks fishy. But there will be a good relationship with what both reviews says. 

When their is relative comments from the two which is positive, then it is shaping the video game you're making reviews on to be trusted. You can simply make one more research on another review site to get full back up, to go for the game you're seeking positive opinion on. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When their is relative comments from the two which is positive, then it is shaping the video game you're making reviews on to be trusted. You can simply make one more research on another review site to get full back up, to go for the game you're seeking positive opinion on. 

Exactly, you get the point completely because once there is some sort of relationship between the reviewers analysis of the games, it points out that they are all working towards the same direction. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, you get the point completely because once there is some sort of relationship between the reviewers analysis of the games, it points out that they are all working towards the same direction. 

Yes, some game devs will simply pay some reviewers to say nice things about their video game, and you might happen to visit such review site, to see tremendous reviews labelled around the video game, even when it isn't worth it. That's why I make around 10 good researches from different reviewers before I am satisfied. 

On 10/19/2021 at 2:43 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I always make sure to go over a few other reviews to see if they're saying the same thing.

It's the only way that you can ensure that you don't get offered pork leg for a cow leg in getting a game you want to play. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's the only way that you can ensure that you don't get offered pork leg for a cow leg in getting a game you want to play. 

Are you seriously kidding me with that - "pork leg for a cow leg"? That's by far the most funny thing I've ever seen online today. You have a good sense of humor. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Are you seriously kidding me with that - "pork leg for a cow leg"? That's by far the most funny thing I've ever seen online today. You have a good sense of humor. 

That's the only best way for me to truly illustrate exactly what I need to make clear because when you try to tell what an elephant looks like by just touching only one part of it, it's not going to work. It's the same thing with just following one review to make your game purchase decision. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

At least a minimum of 3 reviews on a particular game would be enough for me to know what's real or not from having all of them compared. 

Sure, proper review it's simply what we need at the moment in order to avoid trash video games. I can't spend my hard earned money just for a wasteful and uninteresting game.