Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did a reviewer ever change how you perceived a game?

People will definitely disagree with you no matter how objective you seem to appear. 

Off topic - I can remember one of my reviews about how boring it is watching Steven Segal movies with him being almost invincible to all his opponents. You can barely touch him or have him scratched unlike when you watch actors like Silvester Stallone ( John Rambo). There was a man that had the opinion that simply because Steven is the protagonist, he's not supposed to be touched in fight. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:58 PM, Head_Hunter said:

That's boring indeed to see a protagonist who is simply untouched due to the fact he's made invincible in the game. If he's an invincible creature, he couldn't be having troubles with humans in the movie cos he is a spirit, and spirits doesn't come in contact mortals. 

Seriously - I was like how's that entertaining having a character protagonist who can't be touched? What's interesting in watching that kind of act? 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Watching a trailer, and asking fellow gamers in a forum or social media pages mainly for gamers helps me to know between a worthwhile game and an inspiring kind of game. 

In my opinion, the videos that we watch in the YouTube are mostly biased. Either they have the intention to praise a certain company, or they manipulate the things to attract more viewers. It's better to get raw reviews from forums like VGR.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, Razor1911 said:

In my opinion, the videos that we watch in the YouTube are mostly biased. Either they have the intention to praise a certain company, or they manipulate the things to attract more viewers. It's better to get raw reviews from forums like VGR.

Personally, I believe that everything that comes from another person is set up with that person's bias as well. No one is free from bias completely. 

On 9/29/2021 at 12:42 AM, Head_Hunter said:

When I'm making reviews about the game on my radar, I don't depend on a single review, I expand my review utilizing other options to get satisfied. 

Yeah - reviews are very important for gamers because it helps them in their decisions making when it comes to choosing a game. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - reviews are very important for gamers because it helps them in their decisions making when it comes to choosing a game. 

Without the reviews gamers would've chosen the wrong game today, recommendations from other members made it possible to get better games. 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:44 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Without the reviews gamers would've chosen the wrong game today, recommendations from other members made it possible to get better games. 

There is always a possibility that some people play some games with having to read any reviews and still make a good choice. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

There is always a possibility that some people play some games with having to read any reviews and still make a good choice. 

It might work for them due to virtue of luck. But immediately I try it now, it will simply be wrong connection to me. Meaning, the game wouldn't end well as I would've wanted. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It might work for them due to virtue of luck. But immediately I try it now, it will simply be wrong connection to me. Meaning, the game wouldn't end well as I would've wanted. 

Yeah - sometimes it's a 50/50 chance that the decision might go either right or wrong. It's why going in blind on some projects isn't advisable.