Register Now
StaceyPowers

Would an open world Bioshock game “work?”

There was a rumour at one point that the next BioShock game would be an open world game (at least, I think it was a rumour).

How would you feel about this?

Considering that BioShock games have been built up around “place” as a central concept, it seems like it could work.

On the other hand, they are strongly story-driven, and I can’t imagine BioShock without that.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:48 PM, Justin11 said:

It will be better suited if expanded into an open world game series, it will be expected to feature more levels, missions for a player to accomplish or complete. 

Yeah - if they look at the benefits it's going to offer to gamers who are into the game BioShock, it may offer more market value. 

My bias toward hub-based games over open world has been made obvious here time and again, so I can add very little to this conversation by saying that I think BioShock is far better a game as it is now. Open world games, by their very nature, make it much harder to maintain a consistently paced story.

I believe the mechanics of splicing and the gunplay could very well suit an open world game, but mechanics are only a portion of what BioShock is.

The only compromise I'd accept is if the first game's formula remained, except with more flexibility in where you go and when. This would have to sacrifice some story beats because you're doing things 'out of order' so to speak, which may work in the game's favour if there's a mystery to unravel. But then we know what the mystery of BioShock is, so we'd need another [x]Shock game.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - if they look at the benefits it's going to offer to gamers who are into the game BioShock, it may offer more market value. 

I never really get in touched with this game but with the positive responses here it shows that the game is up and running, because some gamers find it enjoyable here. But said changes needs to be done before it goes into open world game. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I never really get in touched with this game but with the positive responses here it shows that the game is up and running, because some gamers find it enjoyable here. But said changes needs to be done before it goes into open world game. 

It's definitely a game that's worth playing in my opinion. It's something that's not going to disappoint you when you decide to play it. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

It's definitely a game that's worth playing in my opinion. It's something that's not going to disappoint you when you decide to play it. 

Have you tried the game before? 

Okay since you still feel positive around Bioshock I'm going to consider it, to experience same feeling it offers. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Have you tried the game before? 

Okay since you still feel positive around Bioshock I'm going to consider it, to experience same feeling it offers. 

Yeah - I have played the game BioShock and still playing BioShock Infinite till date. It's definitely interesting. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Yeah - I have played the game BioShock and still playing BioShock Infinite till date. It's definitely interesting. 

Ohh, Bioshock even have other editions too? 

I'll consider the game, just tell me if it has other editions, then find the best option and recommend for me. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Ohh, Bioshock even have other editions too? 

I'll consider the game, just tell me if it has other editions, then find the best option and recommend for me. 

Yeah - it's not just one game but series of it. BioShock 1-3, including the BioShock Infinite. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's not just one game but series of it. BioShock 1-3, including the BioShock Infinite. 

That's fabulous of this game 'Bioshock. Installing the games on my PlayStation 3 won't cost much, because it will simply moved to my PS3 from another PlayStation 3 since it is routed.