Register Now
killamch89

Both Epic & Apple Lose Big After Court Rules On Their Legal Battle

This was a hilarious topic earlier in the year and the jury is in and...both of them lost although the courts ruled in the favor of Apple but a set of laws coming into effect makes this judgement somewhat irrelevant. Honestly, I just enjoyed the leaks about the shady practices of other companies being leaked during the trial. How did you feel about this court case?

What made things more funny to me after both of them lost in this situation, epic still went ahead asked apple if they can have their dev contract for iOS back and apple gave a big nope like Lana from archer. Epic even said they'll try to see if they can get it back somehow, like a desperate ex who got denied hard at prom.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This was a hilarious topic earlier in the year and the jury is in and...both of them lost although the courts ruled in the favor of Apple but a set of laws coming into effect makes this judgement somewhat irrelevant. Honestly, I just enjoyed the leaks about the shady practices of other companies being leaked during the trial. How did you feel about this court case?

It seems to serve both of them right with the way the courts ruled. It goes a very long way in telling them what to expect in the future should such repeat. 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:15 AM, Empire said:

What made things more funny to me after both of them lost in this situation, epic still went ahead asked apple if they can have their dev contract for iOS back and apple gave a big nope like Lana from archer. Epic even said they'll try to see if they can get it back somehow, like a desperate ex who got denied hard at prom.

I agree that part was freaking hilarious but what was even more funny is the leaks that occurred at the start about Sony, Ubisoft and other companies and their screwups that we wouldn't have otherwise heard about.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:15 PM, Empire said:

Seriously - it was a very funny scenes with what both of them were doing like kids that can't control their emotions after being denied candy. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - it was a very funny scenes with what both of them were doing like kids that can't control their emotions after being denied candy. 

And Epic is going to try and go after Google next which will likely have the same outcome so their actions are pointless.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:49 PM, killamch89 said:

And Epic is going to try and go after Google next which will likely have the same outcome so their actions are pointless.

Sooner or later, they will realize that they are all chasing themselves all round in circles wasting resources they would have used to make incredible games for us. Wankers!!! 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Sooner or later, they will realize that they are all chasing themselves all round in circles wasting resources they would have used to make incredible games for us. Wankers!!! 

The only great game that Epic has created to date is Fortnite (not my favorite game but can't deny its success). Rocket League was originally with Steam and they bought out the development studio. For once, I'm actually on Apple's side in this - just to see Time Sweeney cry like a little girl. It's absolutely priceless:

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think they need only multiplayer games where they can take regular income out each season. i doubt they would make this much money each session of season. 

They make it from Season passes and cosmetics. I knew someone who spent $5000 over the span of 3 years on cosmetics in Fortnite.

On 9/25/2021 at 2:44 AM, killamch89 said:

The only great game that Epic has created to date is Fortnite (not my favorite game but can't deny its success). Rocket League was originally with Steam and they bought out the development studio. For once, I'm actually on Apple's side in this - just to see Time Sweeney cry like a little girl. It's absolutely priceless:

Yeah - You're very correct with your assessment on how good Fortnite was and still is till now to those that are really into the game. But personally, with how toxic the gaming community has become, it's something I can't get into anymore. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - You're very correct with your assessment on how good Fortnite was and still is till now to those that are really into the game. But personally, with how toxic the gaming community has become, it's something I can't get into anymore. 

Same reason I stopped playing Fortnite years ago - it's such a toxic community.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same reason I stopped playing Fortnite years ago - it's such a toxic community.

Some new gamers are still getting into because of what they heard about the game in the past but once they get to see what goes on the game community, they will understand why a lot are pulling out. 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:43 AM, Heatman said:

Some new gamers are still getting into because of what they heard about the game in the past but once they get to see what goes on the game community, they will understand why a lot are pulling out. 

Fortnite only survives on reputation right now - they've run out of ideas for events and the game has lost its glamor. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Fortnite only survives on reputation right now - they've run out of ideas for events and the game has lost its glamor. 

Exactly - whenever I see their game ads online whenever I'm surfing the internet, I would be like look at these fools.