Register Now
Head_Hunter

Your favourite game series?

19 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I know it's not directed towards me, but if you don't mind i'll join in and say my favourites are since i have played em all :

Ac 4 Black Flag -> While a departure from the original ac formula, the ship combat added another dimension and has probably the best main character after Ezio in any game. The world was a joy to explore and the story was great overall. Even the present story made sense since you were inflirtrating abstergo i'm not 100% sure but that part ended with a cliffhanger. I think with the ship combat as a main thing ubisoft could easily make a new ip out of it, i know they announced skulls and bones a few years back but we haven't seen anything or heard anything from it in years.

Ac 3 Brotherhood -> That game pretty much perfected what made ac 2 so good, Rome is a joy to explore, the story is great. Ezio to this day is still the best main character in any ac game. The music was also pretty much spot on, only thing i could say negative wise the combat is way too easy, since you can pretty much just counter and attack and you never die really. They also added another dimensions that you can recruit you're own assasins and train them, altough the game becomes even more easier that way.

Ac Oddysey -> I'm going to put this one above Origins and Valhalla, because it's the game i enjoyed the most out of the three. It had the best setting of the 3 and the best main character as far as i'm concerned, i played as kassandra and liked her much better then eivor and bayek. The world is a joy to explore and the side quests and dlc were actually fairly good something that cannot be said about valhalla, the mercenary's also added quite a challenge especially early game when you meet some that are 20 levels higher then you, so you have to hide or run at at any costs. The game isen't perfect but with dlc combined i'd put 200+ hours into.

And as a bonest i'll include a 4th :

Ac Unity -> Yep i should get my head checked, probably the most hated game in the series but that's because most people who slam this game never played it and just take whatever the internet says for granted. I played this a year after launch and if i'm being honest i diden't encounter any bugs at all, This was in my oppinion one of the first true games that did the ps4/xbox one honour, not only does it still look amazing to this day, Paris is beautiful especially by night, you have these crowded areas that we haden't seen in any game at all at the time. The game also encouraged stealth and offered different options to kill your character that was quite new at the time, something they dropped all together in recent games, where you can just murder 30+ people and still be alive doesen't really make sense. I think the story is also one of the better in ac games. The co-up i felt like that was forced on for the sake off it, so i never bothered with that would be my only complaint.

In the state the game is now i highly recommend you give this game a change (or a second one) you'll be suprised how good it is.

I'm not a big fan of Assassin’s Creed series but I have a soft spot for Assassin's Creed Unity and a little for Revelations. They did some great work with the game. 

Metal Gear series really impressed me, i love mario series, even if it is largely Nintendo compatible video game. Racing game genre is an option I can't skip off my mind. I meant to deeper to find more suitable series for PS4. 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, Heatman said:

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is the best for amongst the series. It's a bit old now but it still offers a decent gameplay. 

I think I'm getting old😅 I really find most of old games better than the new ones (apart from good remaster versions) - to some unknown reason i think that more and more new parts are made just for money, speculating on a cool original idea. The only thing that confuses me about this point of view is that almost all the elderly think the same way about anything new😂

Offtop: there's a good example of "no more new parts"  - Gravity Falls cartoon series. When the plot logically ended, the cartoon ended and the creator decided not to make new seasons cause he truly loved his creation. I think that many games should follow this path ))) 

I don't fancy much of the old games, I prefer the new gen games,the ones developed in the last decade at Max, and not the ones that dated 20 years ago. The graphics have improved, not before when video games graphics aren't up to the current graphical level.