Register Now
Sharon

Do you guys remember the Sega Saturn?

I actually really enjoyed that game system and titles like "Virtua Fight 2" and "Duke Nukem". It's a shame that the pirates killed the system. I heard that it was super easy to get pirated versions of the games.

Do you remember this console? Did you own one? What were your favorite games?

I wasn't aware that Killer Instinct was available for the Sega Saturn. I remember it being one of my favorite games for the SNES (the black tape)! I'm pretty sure that game gave anger management issues. lol 

1 hour ago, Sharon said:

I wasn't aware that Killer Instinct was available for the Sega Saturn. I remember it being one of my favorite games for the SNES (the black tape)! I'm pretty sure that game gave anger management issues. lol 

Yeah it was and it wasn't that frustrating...I think. It's never gotten me angry but then again I don't really get angry when playing any games.

Remember it?  I absolutely adore it!  I still break it out every now and then and play a little Clockwork Knights, Three Dirty Dwarves, Shining Force III, Nights into Dreams and more.  So many great games for the Saturn, it was so vastly underrated.

12 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Remember it?  I absolutely adore it!  I still break it out every now and then and play a little Clockwork Knights, Three Dirty Dwarves, Shining Force III, Nights into Dreams and more.  So many great games for the Saturn, it was so vastly underrated.

I only played the aged Sega console games, I don't know about the Saturn version. If it's the old Sega console in the past then I'll simply say I've played it's games. 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:37 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I only played the aged Sega console games, I don't know about the Saturn version. If it's the old Sega console in the past then I'll simply say I've played it's games. 

The Saturn came out in 1996, I believe, so it's very much a console of the past.  It was well ahead of its' time, but it was so poorly marketed and support from third party developers was next to non-existent, so it failed outside of Japan pretty quickly.  In Japan it lived on for a good 10 years, had some amazing games developed for it, as well!

On 10/7/2021 at 7:12 AM, PGen98 said:

The Saturn came out in 1996, I believe, so it's very much a console of the past.  It was well ahead of its' time, but it was so poorly marketed and support from third party developers was next to non-existent, so it failed outside of Japan pretty quickly.  In Japan it lived on for a good 10 years, had some amazing games developed for it, as well!

Thanks a lot for taking your time to narrate it's brief history which existed far back in 1996, and was poorly marketed. If you can send me the trailer here I'll be happy to learn how Saturn works back then. Thank you. 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks a lot for taking your time to narrate it's brief history which existed far back in 1996, and was poorly marketed. If you can send me the trailer here I'll be happy to learn how Saturn works back then. Thank you. 

There's a great video breakdown of the Saturn here:

On 10/11/2021 at 7:23 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks a lot, I've checked it, the console is looking like a rebranded version of tje retro Sega console. Is it still possible to purchase this console at any online store outlet? 

It was a genuine first party console with a good amount of original games.  You can find them on eBay, but brand new ones are extremely rare and expensive now.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:36 AM, Oblivion Knight said:

I never owned a Sega Saturn, and nor have I ever really played on one..

Back then I still relied on my parents for my gaming purchases, and we decided to go for a PlayStation instead. I regret nothing! 😝

Totally understandable, the PSX/1 was an incredible console, hard to look past FF7:D