Register Now
StaceyPowers

What annoys you the most about console wars?

That some people treat their chosen platform as a religion. Even going so far to getting mad when games are published on other platforms as well. Which does not change their experience at all. But they want all for themselves and exclude others.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:49 AM, m76 said:

That some people treat their chosen platform as a religion. Even going so far to getting mad when games are published on other platforms as well. Which does not change their experience at all. But they want all for themselves and exclude others.

I definitely have to agree with this.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:12 AM, Justin11 said:

Their is no need defending your own favourite console in the sense that you use it to downgrade the other's own. Even if it's superior, we shouldn't make it obvious to the other user, all consoles are unique in their own ways. 

A bit of banter is alright but don't get caught up in the fanboyism. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, Justin11 said:

... all consoles are unique in their own ways. 

This is actually something that these fanboys are yet to grasp when it comes to their attitude and behavior towards other gaming platforms that don't play on. 

The fanboys that take it to the extremes. I don't mind a bit of playful banter between everyone when trying to argue about which console is better. But some people on social media seem to be weirdly obsessed with their consoles. They love to call the other side Xbots or Ponies as well which is weird

Echoing others' sentiments, 'the worst thing about metal is metalheads.' It's the people, not the systems, because there are measurable instances where one console has more of a certain thing than the other. Granted, a lot of these fanatics don't know what these things are (teraflops being the latest watch-word to my ken), but what matters most is what games there are and how well they run when they come out. Besides tech enthusiasts who enjoy reading on innovations and the inner workings, I don't believe these systems deserve as much praise for achieving 4K 60FPS and so fourth, so much as the studios who can make good games using such hardware. People are quick to forget, or simply don't know, how Crash Bandicoot came about from 'hacking' the Playstation 1, for instance. I'm sure those more versed in their Nintendo lore could go on about the Nintendo 64's hardware and accomodations made for some first party games.

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is actually something that these fanboys are yet to grasp when it comes to their attitude and behavior towards other gaming platforms that don't play on. 

They simply don't want to learn, simply saying crab things which isn't what a gamer looking to grasp derivatives is looking for. That's why I avoided online gaming, focusing more on offline and coming here to get tips and recommendations of interesting games. 

On 9/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Darth said:

The fanboys that take it to the extremes. I don't mind a bit of playful banter between everyone when trying to argue about which console is better. But some people on social media seem to be weirdly obsessed with their consoles. They love to call the other side Xbots or Ponies as well which is weird

My sentiments exactly - it's usually the weirdos on social media that take it to the next level when the majority aren't so polarized in their opinion.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, Darth said:

Seriously, it's why I always I try as much as I can to avoid them in any way because it's not healthy for me to drag with them. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I don't see the reason why I'll simply fall in the heat congested argument when I know what's the best around consoles. 

It's all about one's maturity when such arguments break out. Minding yourself and staying neutral is the best way to deal with it.