Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with widest gaps between difficulty levels?

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's something that looks similar a little bit but with a difference in the plot. But the fighting mechanics seems related. 

I understand it looks different via genre, but the gameplay is similar in same mechanics. They got same fighting techniques, are you not sure it isn't sane developers that made the two? 

On 9/26/2021 at 7:59 PM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I remembered when I first played GTA 5 at the hardest, even the pedestrians weren't easy for me to push down. Everyone was super boss and stronger lol. 

So true, they are deadly and the police are hard to evade lol.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:26 AM, Withywarlock said:

I concur that Dragon Age: Origins is rather liberal with its difficulty. It's part of the reason why I don't like non-d20 based RPGs such as Neverwinter Nights or Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which use visible and easily calculable maths. At least when you die to a bear at level one in Baldur's Gate, it's because you can see it did did three attacks between 1-8 damage in the combat log, which is enough to take out anyone who isn't a Barbarian or a Fighter in a single, lucky blow.

Dark Souls isn't so much difficult as it is punishing when you mess up. This doesn't mean it's easy, it still takes practice and attunement to the movement and tells of your enemies. It only becomes 'easy' in a sense when you've mastered the backstab, and/or have a player/NPC doing all the work in boss fights... provided they survive.

The hardest thing about it was adjusting to the idea that you will die, and it's totally expected. I was way too used to the idea that dying meant you were bad at a game, and while there is some merit to that idea, nobody's ever played Dark Souls with dying in obvious or silly ways on their first try.

Thanks alot for the experience you said around dark souls. With what you said it shows the game is a little bit hard since their is every possibility for the main character succumbing to death Midway through. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks alot for the experience you said around dark souls. With what you said it shows the game is a little bit hard since their is every possibility for the main character succumbing to death Midway through. 

Oh, the possibility is always there. It's especially bad with the 'spambushes' in Dark Souls II the further on you go. MauLer did a great critique of the game, which should reflect the difficulties you may face in that particular game. That is, if you've time to watch the entire series of analysis.