Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there a game you enjoy despite disliking its genre/type of game?

On 9/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Is there a genre/type of game you really dislike in general, but with one game you like in particular anyway?

For example, I don’t usually enjoy puzzles in video games, but I loved an old DOS game called Heaven and Earth.

Personally, I'm not really a big fan of puzzle games too, it takes a lot grace for me to get into any kind of puzzle games. Did I forget to add Minecraft and Candy Crush too. 

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I'm not really a big fan of puzzle games too, it takes a lot grace for me to get into any kind of puzzle games. Did I forget to add Minecraft and Candy Crush too. 

To be fair, I don't like puzzle games either and it's not because they require you to think but it's because they're boring.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:52 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Any game that comes with stress if its own, I'm simply off. I'll only play when I understand the game very much, and the game play is enjoyable and not over-thinking like I'm solving mathematical problems, lol, I'm a fan of puzzle games. 

I don't mind if games make me have to think about something but don't make the puzzles unnecessarily complicated either. It annoys me to no end...

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't mind if games make me have to think about something but don't make the puzzles unnecessarily complicated either. It annoys me to no end...

You're simply right buddy. When the puzzle is too complicated to solve then it becomes annoying thou. I can't fancy my chances on such kind of tricky puzzle game. 

On 9/28/2021 at 11:52 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Any game that comes with stress if its own, I'm simply off. I'll only play when I understand the game very much, and the game play is enjoyable and not over-thinking like I'm solving mathematical problems, lol, I'm a fan of puzzle games. 

Yeah - some games are meant to over strain your thinking whenever you're playing especially mathematical games like puzzle games. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - some games are meant to over strain your thinking whenever you're playing especially mathematical games like puzzle games. 

I can't allow a video like puzzle causing over thinking in my small head that I'm managing, I am not in the school where I solve lots of mathematical problem to earn remarks, I'm not in for such stress out game. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I can't allow a video like puzzle causing over thinking in my small head that I'm managing, I am not in the school where I solve lots of mathematical problem to earn remarks, I'm not in for such stress out game. 

Some people really have a lot going on in their heads and to add more stress on it by some critical games is going to make it far more difficult to deal. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some people really have a lot going on in their heads and to add more stress on it by some critical games is going to make it far more difficult to deal. 

Lol, yeah I have lots of things running in my head I'm not just in the race of playing puzzle thinking deep via my already shattered head. I prefer games which I won't go deep in thinking. 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, yeah I have lots of things running in my head I'm not just in the race of playing puzzle thinking deep via my already shattered head. I prefer games which I won't go deep in thinking. 

I think you have never played Tomb raider. That's an adventurous game and has some amount of puzzles in between missions. It's not that tough actually and if you start playing I am sure you will enjoy it.

I would have to say RDR2. I have never liked western style games. It reminds me of when I was a kid living on a stock farm, and what I went through with my sperm donor. But RDR2 was different. I'm not sure why, but I felt like I could relate with Arthur. I understand his mind, and what he is feeling.

I have tried other western games, and dropped them really quick.

Then there are games like Riven and Myst. I hate those kind of games because there is no indication whatsoever of what the fuck you're supposed to be doing. Those two are nothing but shitty screen savers.