Register Now
Sharon

Do you sleep with the TV on?

I recently took a trip with my mother-in-law and we shared a room and she is the type that likes to leave the TV on while she sleeps. I remember I used to do this as a kid but I've grown to prefer darkness otherwise it's difficult for me to wind down for the night.

Do you sleep with the television on?

7 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Not on purpose... But sometimes the shit on TV is boring or I'm tired.

That's hilarious. ...and completely relatable. I too have fallen asleep to watching something but for me it's on the couch. Not in bed, we don't have a TV in the bedroom.

Yes. I put in either an American Dad DVD or a Family Guy DVD. I can't sleep in silence, because my mind gets to racing, which keeps me awake. The sound from the characters talking distracts my mind from running over it's own thoughts and worries and lets it relax. The light has never been an issue for me since I was a child. Due to night terrors, I always slept with a light on anyway.

Call me crazy, but I swear that my master bathroom is a gateway, just due to the things I have seen in there at night. We used to leave the door open, but the lights in there off. Now we have that reversed. Lights on, door closed. I still see shit during the night, but not like I did before.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Yes. I put in either an American Dad DVD or a Family Guy DVD. I can't sleep in silence, because my mind gets to racing, which keeps me awake. The sound from the characters talking distracts my mind from running over it's own thoughts and worries and lets it relax. The light has never been an issue for me since I was a child. Due to night terrors, I always slept with a light on anyway.

Call me crazy, but I swear that my master bathroom is a gateway, just due to the things I have seen in there at night. We used to leave the door open, but the lights in there off. Now we have that reversed. Lights on, door closed. I still see shit during the night, but not like I did before.

You could try to find a shaman, they're good with animals as well as detecting the otherworldly. 

I need some sort of sound to help me sleep. A fan was okay but sucked in the cold. And if I listen to music to fall asleep I catch myself bopping along to the beat and end up more awake. I just put the TV on a energy saver mode so the screen goes dark and sleep timer and I'm good to go.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

I need some sort of sound to help me sleep. A fan was okay but sucked in the cold. And if I listen to music to fall asleep I catch myself bopping along to the beat and end up more awake. I just put the TV on a energy saver mode so the screen goes dark and sleep timer and I'm good to go.

But can put on some soothing music to really drift off..

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You could try to find a shaman, they're good with animals as well as detecting the otherworldly. 

No interest. I've studied daemonology for around 30 years, and know when I'm encountering something that I can't fight. Also, when the dogs sleep with me, they tend to not show any kind of reaction that would reveal anything. They're just happy to be on the bed.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

No interest. I've studied daemonology for around 30 years, and know when I'm encountering something that I can't fight. Also, when the dogs sleep with me, they tend to not show any kind of reaction that would reveal anything. They're just happy to be on the bed.

True - animals are far more spiritually aware than the average person.