Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather do something and regret it or NOT do the thing and regret it? Why?

7 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I prefer to try something. I too don’t care for the What-ifs. They tend to go round & round in you head & can cause some guilt, dread with the not knowing.

I agree - it's worse than trying and failing and it drives some people insane especially when they told someone else about the opportunity and they tried it and were successful.

I'd rather not do something and regret it because if you did something that actually hurt someone's feelings, you have to endure guilt the rest of your life. Plus they have to suffer too. And what if your decision gave you an STD or got your legs paralyzed for getting into that vehicle to rush to an after hour party? There is a lot more pain involved with doing and regretting, than not doing and regretting. 

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'd rather not do something and regret it because if you did something that actually hurt someone's feelings, you have to endure guilt the rest of your life. Plus they have to suffer too. And what if your decision gave you an STD or got your legs paralyzed for getting into that vehicle to rush to an after hour party? There is a lot more pain involved with doing and regretting, than not doing and regretting. 

What are condoms?! Feel the burn! On a more serious note, context matters. We were talking along the lines of doing something positive in your life, not stupid and reckless stuff like hitting a street walker raw - now that's something I wouldn't do.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, killamch89 said:

What are condoms?! Feel the burn! On a more serious note, context matters. We were talking along the lines of doing something positive in your life, not stupid and reckless stuff like hitting a street walker raw - now that's something I wouldn't do.

Even if you wanted something positive, it could be a negative for others. My mother unraised her children by working the night shift and college trying to reach success at the sacrifice of her children. I grew up with no parents. My dad was overseas in the military. We all lived in Okinawa at one point. But those two never should have had children. So  I stand firm by trying to do something positive can have stronger regrets than not doing it.