Register Now
killamch89

Would You Rather Live In Africa For A Year Or In Antarctica ?

The logical decision for me would be to live in Africa for a year. That being said, I'd probably spend a year in Antarctica just out of curiosity - I get it, it's extremely cold and very few animals but I wouldn't mind seeing some Polar bears or penguins. Which would you pick and why?

26 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The logical decision for me would be to live in Africa for a year. That being said, I'd probably spend a year in Antarctica just out of curiosity - I get it, it's extremely cold and very few animals but I wouldn't mind seeing some Polar bears or penguins. Which would you pick and why?

You'd be very disappointed.  Yeah there are a Penguins, a few birds and marine mammals around the coast but the majority of the continent has got the square root of bugger all in it. Africa has a more diverse climate, more food, more wildlife... Essentially trump's Antarctica in every way except one.  There's hardly any people in Antarctica and as we all know, people suck.

22 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

You'd be very disappointed.  Yeah there are a Penguins, a few birds and marine mammals around the coast but the majority of the continent has got the square root of bugger all in it. Africa has a more diverse climate, more food, more wildlife... Essentially trump's Antarctica in every way except one.  There's hardly any people in Antarctica and as we all know, people suck.

I've been to African countries of Seychelles and Mauritius but I've yet to go to mainland Africa so I know it's extremely diverse. I wanted to go to the safari but I think I might go to the elephant lodge in Zambia.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:03 PM, killamch89 said:

You would be broken hearted. There are no polar bears in Antarctica. They live in the northern arctic.

Now as for my choice, it's a difficult choice. Where in Africa would influence my choice. Antarctica would be good for me, simply because of how cold it is. I don't do well in heat. Our AC went out last night, and the heat got up to somewhere between 70-75 (21.1C-23.8C) and I passed out due to how hot it was. I need it between 60-65 at the hottest.

But going on an African safari to see all the life out there in their natural habitat would be the opportunity of a lifetime.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You would be broken hearted. There are no polar bears in Antarctica. They live in the northern arctic.

Now as for my choice, it's a difficult choice. Where in Africa would influence my choice. Antarctica would be good for me, simply because of how cold it is. I don't do well in heat. Our AC went out last night, and the heat got up to somewhere between 70-75 (21.1C-23.8C) and I passed out due to how hot it was. I need it between 60-65 at the hottest.

But going on an African safari to see all the life out there in their natural habitat would be the opportunity of a lifetime.

I'd go on an African Safari too if it wasn't for the fact that places like South Africa and Zambia are in the middle of civil wars moreso South Africa and those are the two countries where you'll run into African wildlife like elephants, giraffes and others.

7 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I choose Africa. I've always had a curiousity at the continent. One of my favorite movies is The Ghost & The Darkness that involves the true story of the man-eaters of Tsavo. 

Any of you know that Africa is bigger than the maps make it out to be? 

Maps are representations of the landmass and they are subject to error just like most things we use.

7 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I choose Africa. I've always had a curiousity at the continent. One of my favorite movies is The Ghost & The Darkness that involves the true story of the man-eaters of Tsavo. 

Any of you know that Africa is bigger than the maps make it out to be? 

Well if you're talking about the most common "Mercator Projection" map of the world then Africa is one of the few places to that's about right since it sits across the equator.  It's the far north and south that are out of proportion.

1.Mercator.jpg

56 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well if you're talking about the most common "Mercator Projection" map of the world then Africa is one of the few places to that's about right since it sits across the equator.  It's the far north and south that are out of proportion.

1.Mercator.jpg

If that map was accurate, that would mean that Alaska was more than half the size of the US and Canada combined. And there is no on on earth who would think that Greenland is bigger than South America as well as roughly equal in size to Africa, except those moronic flat earthers.

Edited by The Blackangel

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If that map was accurate, that would mean that Alaska was more than half the size of the US and Canada combined. And there is no on on earth who would think that Greenland is bigger than South America as well as roughly equal in size to Africa, except those moronic flat earthers.

Flat Earthers will believe almost anything - just tell them that you believe that the earth is flat and they'll believe anything you say. I remembered some article about 12 years ago how a flat earther got scammed by some guy because the guy said he also believed the earth was flat. They're even dumber than most die-hearted Christians.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

UGHH... don't get started about those idiots.  They are by far the stupidest people on the planet.  To be fair, they don't think Greenland is the same size as Africa oh no, no, no, no, no.... They are legitimately not smart enough to come to a conclusion that stupid. Their ideas are even dumber!  THIS is the map the world as far as thier concerned.

uRpMCAmQo33CV4M2srWivf-1200-80.jpg

This is pretty on topic in fact.  If you asked a Flatard the question "Would You Rather Live In Africa For A Year Or In Antarctica", they'll tell you Antarctica doesn't exist.  Instead there's a giant impenetrable "Ice Wall" at the edge of the dome (yeah there's a giant glass dome covering the Earth).  This is why nobody is allowed to go to Antarctica (although there is no such rule), It's all a big conspiracy so... NASA can sell mugs or something.

I'd better stop there though, I could rant for days about how stupid these people are.

Edited by Crazycrab

8 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

UGHH... don't get started about those idiots.  They are by far the stupidest people on the planet.  To be fair, they don't think Greenland is the same size as Africa oh no, no, no, no, no.... They are legitimately not smart enough to come to a conclusion that stupid. Their ideas are even dumber!  THIS is the map the world as far as thier concerned.

uRpMCAmQo33CV4M2srWivf-1200-80.jpg

This is pretty on topic in fact.  If you asked a Flatard the question "Would You Rather Live In Africa For A Year Or In Antarctica", they'll tell you Antarctica doesn't exist.  Instead there's a giant impenetrable "Ice Wall" at the edge of the dome (yeah there's a giant glass dome covering the Earth).  This is why nobody is allowed to go to Antarctica (although there is no such rule), It's all a big conspiracy so... NASA can sell mugs or something.

I'd better stop there though, I could rant for days about how stupid these people are.

I wonder if they got the idea for this dome theory from the Simpsons movie.