Register Now
StaceyPowers

How many games on average do you play in a year (not necessarily finish)?

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I hate stress when it comes to my playing of video games. Once any game stresses me too much, I'm taking a walk out. 

Gaming is supposed to be all fun filled and a joy giver. Once the games that I play lacked that, I'm so done playing. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Gaming is supposed to be all fun filled and a joy giver. Once the games that I play lacked that, I'm so done playing. 

Seriously, I wonder what's the essence of playing any video game if it doesn't offer you fun and joy as a means of entertainment? 

On 9/30/2021 at 11:13 PM, StaceyPowers said:

During any given year, how many games on average do you think you play? Note: play, not complete. For me, I think it ranges from 4-8 or so.

If I'm able to complete 10 games this year, it's definitely going to be a big achievement for me because I have so many commitments aside gaming this year. 

49 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, if you manage to complete 5 games this year, it's definitely going to be big feat for me. 

Depending on the kind of games that you have in mind to play this year would be what determines what can be able to complete. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, if you manage to complete 5 games this year, it's definitely going to be big feat for me. 

For me yeah. I haven't completed a game in quite a while, and I'd argue I stop playing most games before I complete them these days. Idk, I just can't get invested like I used to. 

9 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

For me yeah. I haven't completed a game in quite a while, and I'd argue I stop playing most games before I complete them these days. Idk, I just can't get invested like I used to. 

A lot of commitment to so many things brings about time constraints issues which directly affects one's gaming time. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

A lot of commitment to so many things brings about time constraints issues which directly affects one's gaming time. 

Gamers really do have other lives to lead and it's not only gaming. Some of us are with kids and I believe that they are more of a priority. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that normally, I give more playing time to most of my old games than the new ones I purchased immediately. I do not know why it's really like that with me. 

There is no way you would purchase games that are more than your already existing backlogs, so eventually the new ones end up in the backlog. 

On 1/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, Kane99 said:

If I had to pick an average for me, I'd say maybe 5 games a year at this rate. And sometimes I re-play the same games, so idk. When it comes to brand new games, I'd say it's probably less than that. 

For the games that are said to be released this year, I believe that 5 should be an average for anyone low on budget and time to play.