Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are the longest running game franchises in existence?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:
  1. Metal Gear
  2. Elder Scrolls
  3. Mortal Kombat
  4. Mario Brothers
  5. Super Smash series
  6. Final Fantasy
  7. Doom
  8. Fallout

You placed Metal Gear and Elder Scrolls on the top 2 list in the long existed list of games. 

Can you tell me how long this games have been in existence? 

57 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

You placed Metal Gear and Elder Scrolls on the top 2 list in the long existed list of games. 

Can you tell me how long this games have been in existence? 

Metal Gear has been around since the late 80s and Elder Scrolls the Late 90s. It's not in any chronological order. I just wrote out the game franchises I could remember off the top of my head and I forgot to put in Street Fighter and Castlevania which are also from the 90s.

36 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Metal Gear has been around since the late 80s and Elder Scrolls the Late 90s. It's not in any chronological order. I just wrote out the game franchises I could remember off the top of my head and I forgot to put in Street Fighter and Castlevania which are also from the 90s.

It's been a long long time this games came into limelight, by then I was testing peacefully on my mother's womb, Lol. I have played street fighter on a small computer you game console, never played Castlevania. 

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's been a long long time this games came into limelight, by then I was testing peacefully on my mother's womb, Lol. I have played street fighter on a small computer you game console, never played Castlevania. 

Castlevania is one of those supernatural games about Vampires, demons etc. I has some very good games such as Symphony Of The Night, Aria Of Sorrow among others.

47 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Castlevania is one of those supernatural games about Vampires, demons etc. I has some very good games such as Symphony Of The Night, Aria Of Sorrow among others.

You've really come far dear when it comes to playing wonderful games. With what you just quoted below shows you're an expert adventure, RPG game lover. 

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Castlevania is one of those supernatural games about Vampires, demons etc. It has some very good games such as Symphony Of The Night, Aria Of Sorrow among others.

You left out Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. That was one of the best ones in the series.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

In no particular order:

Pac-Man
SMB and Mario spinoffs
The Legend Of Zelda
Tetris
Castlevania
Donkey Kong
Final Fantasy

Apart from Castlevania which I've watched it's trailer, the rest are simply unknown to me. But I am not writing myself off from playing them anytime in the future.