Register Now
StaceyPowers

When is a playthrough of an open world game “done?”

On 10/1/2021 at 9:02 PM, Shagger said:

Here's what your supposed to do. Play every story quest and then every side mission except the very easiest one. Then, just stop playing.

That's an option to be considered. Because I never finished a game before, I choose to start from the first level with normal difficulty not just planning to finish the game but rather, satisfying my curiosity and leaving it when I'm tired. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lolz what are you trying to say @Syntax? Are you trying to say that, most missions in an RPGs or open world games are simply repetitive it the developers are simply after money alone? 

I think what he's trying to say is once the main and side missions are done and only the repetitive ones are left, that's when you know the game is done.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think what he's trying to say is once the main and side missions are done and only the repetitive ones are left, that's when you know the game is done.

At that time I think it is better to move on to another game. Playing the same missions repetitively will obviously bore the gamers. Why not to switch to other games and wait for the next release. 😊

On 10/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, Head_Hunter said:

If your interest is fade up on gaming you can't get going indeed, of you insist then it means you want to force yourself which wouldn't still make sense cos your passion isn't there. 

Yeah - some video games are really boring from the beginning and if it's something that I found myself into, it wouldn't take too long for me end playing it. 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah - some video games are really boring from the beginning and if it's something that I found myself into, it wouldn't take too long for me end playing it. 

When I discover it's boring earlier on, I wouldn't be disturbing myself playing it furthermore. I play games that increases my empathy and keeps me enjoying my moments. 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:37 PM, Head_Hunter said:

When I discover it's boring earlier on, I wouldn't be disturbing myself playing it furthermore. I play games that increases my empathy and keeps me enjoying my moments. 

There are so many interesting and exciting games to play from so many franchise than killing myself with a boring game. 

Honestly, I prefer it when an open world game just ends after the main quest is beaten. Every time, whether it be Fallout 3 or Skyrim or Witcher 3, everything just feels a bit empty. Fallout New Vegas had really extensive ending slides and had a very satisfying conclusion IMO, and it simply could not have a post-game that wouldn't feel underwhelming because of the story.

Their are too many games to have fun around in this era of covid19. Just that, the amount to be spent getting them is discouraging indeed, dye to its high price tag. When the funds is on your hands their are action adventure games that is pleasing to go with. Options like Batman arkham asylum, Resident evil village, vanguard, FIFA 22, F1 2021, Back 4 blood, death-loop, far cry 5. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

There are so many interesting and exciting games to play from so many franchise than killing myself with a boring game. 

Lol, you shouldn't get entangled with a boring game, cos it doesn't worth your time when many are simply popping up for you to choose. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, you shouldn't get entangled with a boring game, cos it doesn't worth your time when many are simply popping up for you to choose. 

Yeah - it's actually not worth it by a long shot. So, it's not something that's going to bug me for a while and I drop it ASAP. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually not worth it by a long shot. So, it's not something that's going to bug me for a while and I drop it ASAP. 

It shouldn't bug you buddy. When a game isn't cutting my attention when I try to force myself into it, I don't waste further time playing it because it wouldn't still satisfy me. 

I guess, with an open world game, you're never really "done". You can finish everything that the game developers have defined such as the missions, side missions, collectables etc. but you can still do whatever you want to do.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:56 AM, killamch89 said:

Good interpretation, lol. With what you've said, I simply say that's when the game is done for me. Cos I can't keep on repeating myself.