Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game are you currently obsessed with?

Currently Jagged Alliance Back in Action. I know it is a fairly old game (2012) but I Only got around to properly playing it recently. And now I'm really liking it. Previously I always gave up very early in the game, but now I've taken it more seriously and it was worth it.

I'm not obsessed with it per se, but I am enjoying the Nintendo 64's Paper Mario. I was going to make a thread about 'underrated' companions or some such but I've always preferred to partake in others' better worded conversations than start them. This game has quite a few that fill niches I didn't realise existed. But yes, it's very hard to put down!

I am however obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons, the tabletop game, mind. Having to do research into my party's gods and patrons is good homework for me as a Cleric in the service of Kelemvor, Lord of the Dead and Judge of the Damned!

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

The only "game" I'm really playing right now is Rocksmith.  I'm still learning the basics but I'm getting a little better at guitar and bass every day.

I hope it serves you as well as it did me. It did nothing for my finger technique, but it was a good tool all the same. I'd recommend looking into the unofficial CDLC too for any songs that aren't supplied with the game or as paid DLC. It takes a bit of work, but it's well worth it to master the songs you'd like to play most.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

The only "game" I'm really playing right now is Rocksmith.  I'm still learning the basics but I'm getting a little better at guitar and bass every day.

You mean the guitar game? My cousin brother is a huge fan of this game, maybe because he is a guitarist. That game is not my cup of tea, I don't know how to play guitar at all. 😆

22 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I hope it serves you as well as it did me. It did nothing for my finger technique, but it was a good tool all the same.

I've noticed that actually, that might be my only real criticism of it so far.  It really doesn't explain fingering techniques  (pardon the dirty pun) very well, at least not in the early stages.  Like which finger should be used on which fret.

27 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I'd recommend looking into the unofficial CDLC too for any songs that aren't supplied with the game or as paid DLC. It takes a bit of work, but it's well worth it to master the songs you'd like to play most.

I'm using PS4 so is it possible?  There are some songs that aren't included I be interested in.

PS:. It might be easier if you replied on this thread, it's more on topic.

2 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

You mean the guitar game? My cousin brother is a huge fan of this game, maybe because he is a guitarist. That game is not my cup of tea, I don't know how to play guitar at all. 😆

Well that's kinda the point to it.  It's not really a "game" as such.  It's a learning utility for guitar and bass.

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm using PS4 so is it possible?  There are some songs that aren't included I be interested in.

Hmm, I believe it is but may require some additional tweaks. It may be worth looking up the console instructions on how to do so (obviously be wary if they ask you to dig into its software guts), as I'm only familiar with the PC way of installing custom DLC. Wishing you luck with it if you go that route! ^^