Register Now
Crazycrab

Netflix Buys Night School Studios

On 10/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, m76 said:

Gaming is the biggest entertainment industry now, so it is logical that they want a foothold in it.

That said I've never heard of this developer or any of their games, I hope they aren't focusing on mobile games.

I'm not quite sure but I heard their area of expertise was mobile games. Of course, I hope I'm wrong about that because the mobile gaming market is an absolute cesspool right now.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:
On 10/12/2021 at 2:05 PM, m76 said:

Gaming is the biggest entertainment industry now, so it is logical that they want a foothold in it.

That said I've never heard of this developer or any of their games, I hope they aren't focusing on mobile games.

I'm not quite sure but I heard their area of expertise was mobile games. Of course, I hope I'm wrong about that because the mobile gaming market is an absolute cesspool right now.

I already mentioned in the OP that this developer was famous for Oxenfree, but I have now just realized that I made a mistake in the OP.  The developer is Night School Studios not Nightale.  So this confusion is most likely on me and I apologize.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_School_Studio

Night School Studios are not a exclusive mobile exclusive developer.  According to thier wiki of the 4 games they've made and the additional one that's currently in production only one was was exclusive to. Mobile with another being on iOS and Mac OS.  Most of their game are multiplat on PC and Console.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:10 AM, Crazycrab said:

I already mentioned in the OP that this developer was famous for Oxenfree, but I have now just realized that I made a mistake in the OP.  The developer is Night School Studios not Nightale.  So this confusion is most likely on me and I apologize.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_School_Studio

Night School Studios are not a exclusive mobile exclusive developer.  According to thier wiki of the 4 games they've made and the additional one that's currently in production only one was was exclusive to. Mobile with another being on iOS and Mac OS.  Most of their game are multiplat on PC and Console.

Oh okay - np then. It's a good move on all accounts then - if they can get some top talent in the gaming industry to join that studio. Netflix may just make a splash in the gaming industry.