Register Now
PGen98

Switch OLED drops October 8th, Are You In?

Does anyone here plan to snag a Switch OLED before the inevitable console shortages and scalping take hold?  I had thought about it, personally, but then I realized that I really love my own Switch just as it is and don't really need the fancier screen at all, so I'm fine with what I have and still very much enjoy those games I have, as well, so there's no point to me upgrading.  How about you all, will you invest in the new OLED swtich or keep on trucking with the old up until it runs out of power?

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

I’m still waiting to actually see one in person that I can hold to see if the small screen difference makes a difference (I know that OLED is an upgrade from LCD by my iPhone upgrade). 

It's not much of an upgrade to be honest. All the OLED screen offers is a bigger screen that looks nicer. I don't think it provides a better image quality or anything else. I'm still waiting for them to release a 4K switch. I'm starting to think that's not going to end up happening. 

Edited by Kane99

I just read an article that the OLED should be readily available this season, which will be awesome. Hopefully scalpers will be discouraged from hoarding them and future releases like this. I probably won't upgrade to the new version unless there's a great trade in deal somewhere.

1 hour ago, Sharon said:

I just read an article that the OLED should be readily available this season, which will be awesome. Hopefully scalpers will be discouraged from hoarding them and future releases like this. I probably won't upgrade to the new version unless there's a great trade in deal somewhere.

They probably will. Scalpers always seem to find a way. 

I'm passing on the oled model myself. Don't see it being worth the money.