Register Now
killamch89

Would You Rather Work In A Group Or Work Alone?

Personally, I'd much rather working alone because there won't be anyone to constantly be going back and forth with in regards to decisions. I'm also a very efficient person so I don't like working with people who'll slow down my productivity. That being said, I can work in both settings. Which one would you rather?

9 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I'm an introvert so would prefer to work alone. Even with my husband, we tend to be off on our own. Having the other's help if we need it. We do however work well together, just when you work by yourself, you can go at your own pace without peer pressure or anything inhibiting you.

So true and decisions can be made a lot quicker instead of a constant back and forth dialogue about the simple things.

I'd rather work alone.  Nonetheless, some jobs, like washing dishes - can be incredibly monotonous - if you don't know mental games to help you deal with isolation.   Well, you can do things like listen to music or study things in your head, anything to pass time.

If it's a good team, that knows what's up, a team. However I would rather work alone if it's a team of idiots.

Also depends on the size of the team. Bigger teams are slower and less effective/efficient. I strive for efficiency in my work. Same reason I don't like working with idiots, I don't want to have to explain everything to them.

It really does depend on what the task is and who the group is. Some tasks can be a lot better by yourself when you can just focus on what you need to do. Other times, it can be a lot more fun and entertaining to do it with other people to chat with and work alongside. That's as long as you're not stuck with a group that won't do any work of course.

5 hours ago, Darth said:

It really does depend on what the task is and who the group is. Some tasks can be a lot better by yourself when you can just focus on what you need to do. Other times, it can be a lot more fun and entertaining to do it with other people to chat with and work alongside. That's as long as you're not stuck with a group that won't do any work of course.

Seriously, being in a lazy group is as good as not being in any group at all. It would be better to go at your task solo because they will only slow you down. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It is better to struggle alone than working with empty people, they'll just be slowing your workforce down, discouraging your endeavors, that's why I wouldn't want to work with people with such mindset. 

The truth of the matter is that there is no harm in asking for help or assistance when it's gets choked for me, I do that whenever I get stuck with my work.