Register Now
DC

Video Ad on VGR Forum

That's totally fair. And like you said, it is gaming related, so it's appropriate. There is one really annoying thing about it, though. If one closes down the pop-up without muting it first, the audio will keep playing until the add has finished it's play cycle in the background with no way to shut it off. I don't know if that's a fixable problem or not or if it's even worth fixing given the add will only run for a couple of days, I just wanted to point that out to everyone in case they do what I first did.

Just intersted, Are you making anything from it? 

It's annoying me to the point that I have to mute my PC so that I can't hear it playing as I'm posting around. There are other methords that to that video, add more ads that does not popup. 

11 hours ago, Empire said:

Just intersted, Are you making anything from it? 

It's annoying me to the point that I have to mute my PC so that I can't hear it playing as I'm posting around. There are other methords that to that video, add more ads that does not popup. 

It should only be showing 3-5 times per 24 hour period. Is that correct? I'll see what I can do about the sound.

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I've witnessed the ad pop up, at the moment I have no problem with the ad provided it's of utmost important to the admin. I visit many sites everyday simply surfing for information, I don't mind if the site runs 100s of ads on the site provided the information I want is there. 

Don't worry. I would never do that!

On 10/6/2021 at 5:45 PM, DC said:

I am running a video ad on VGR Forum for the next 2-3 days. I know it's a bit annoying but it helps pay the bill and it is at least video gaming related. Thanks for understanding and thanks for helping make VGR the best gaming community on the net! 🙂

As long as it's for the bills, I have nothing to complain! My ad blocker was always disabled for the forum!