Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone else game at night to boost immersion?

There are a lot of reasons I prefer gaming at night, but one of them is because having less visual distraction around the screen increases my immersion. Darkness keeps me focused. In fact, some games I won’t even play at all during the day, ever. Does anyone else do this?

I only game till around 10pm and after that I'm off for the night and watch films 🙂 in the DARK. Not often that I do play games in the dark room at night for atmosphere. Then depends on what you are doing. 100% of the time, I stream and so the lights are fully on and BANG. 

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not necessarily, it depends on when I get to play my games or when I want to have a gaming session. That being said, playing horror games at night definitely boost immersion.

Horror games at nights boost immersion indeed. It enthralls to play horror game at nights, when everywhere is simply cool, the feeling is very warmth and I feel excited playing it at late hours of the day.  

On 10/7/2021 at 1:37 AM, PGen98 said:

I don't specifically wait to game at night, but I do tend to enjoy night gaming far more than daytime gaming.  Particularly games that have a creepier edge to them!

Agreed - playing horror games at night tends to really boost the immersion and your paranoia as the slightest unusual sound puts you on alert.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:39 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Makes me go Paranormal playing horror games at nights. I can't curtail the pressure of feeling frightened because I'm playing it alone. I better play my FIFA and get the noisy radar all over the stadia. 

I simultaneously love and hate playing Alien isolation at night - it's ridiculously terrifying to play so much so that the slightest sound sets of your paranoia but it's also a ridiculously immersive experience.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, killamch89 said:

I simultaneously love and hate playing Alien isolation at night - it's ridiculously terrifying to play so much so that the slightest sound sets of your paranoia but it's also a ridiculously immersive experience.

Laughs, I can't fancy myself playing a game increasing my paranoia so high, meaning any slightest noise at that moment pose a skeptic feeling.