Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you respect, even if you don’t agree with their premises/messages

A lot of the time, gamers with a particular mindset think a game is “bad” if it features a message that they do not personally agree with. But not everyone reacts this way when a game espouses a different belief.

Are there any games that feature messages that clash with your beliefs, but which you still respect as quality games?

5 hours ago, Joshua Farrell said:

I usually do not have issues with what the game is geared towards, politically, or otherwise. I play to enjoy playing it. Though there are some games where I have had minor issues in the past. Usually because of a recent event I went through.

Lol, it is like that at times. When you love the game surely you'll spend time playing it regardless of the story mode, or comments running in the background. 

On 10/6/2021 at 5:58 PM, killamch89 said:

Spec Ops: The Line - I didn't agree with most of Walker's actions throughout the game but it is in my opinion, one of the best storylines in a game I can remember.

I didn't agree with his actions either, but I don't think we were meant to. Did you disagree with the overarching message you took from the game?

I came away with "our choices are restricted until we know what is driving us," which made sense to me.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:04 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I didn't agree with his actions either, but I don't think we were meant to. Did you disagree with the overarching message you took from the game?

I came away with "our choices are restricted until we know what is driving us," which made sense to me.

What I came away with is sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture or we will fall prey to our delusions.