Register Now
Sharon

What kind of TV do you game on?

We have a 65" LG TV that we play on. Sometimes I wish we got a 70" but when we moved the couch up it's a great size after all. Closer to when we retire we plan on having a game room which features a projector that should be pretty awesome for both movies and gaming. We'd love to have feel like a theatre ...but that's further down the line of life haha. 

What kind of TV do you game on?

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Why do I need to game on a large TV if I have a gaming monitor that's worth $1000 😛 My monitor is an 27" Asus IPS 165hz with all the gear that comes with it. PLus TVs are not meant for high speed gaming on them, and FPS will be so bad and time respones just poitless in CSGO games. 

You don't need a gaming TV when you have 27" monitor when it comes to gaming, because it runs smoothly in gaming too. Because its processing units are built more robust than some flat screen TV. Unless you're playing in a touch screen TV before one can say, TV is better off than the level of your monitor. 

On 10/7/2021 at 6:36 AM, Empire said:

Why do I need to game on a large TV if I have a gaming monitor that's worth $1000 😛 My monitor is an 27" Asus IPS 165hz with all the gear that comes with it. PLus TVs are not meant for high speed gaming on them, and FPS will be so bad and time respones just poitless in CSGO games. 

Agreed - that's why I stick with a gaming monitor for gaming.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

If you're opportune to play using gaming monitor that's fine, but if you aren't then alternative option should be considered yo lower the cost of getting a new monitor. 

I'm not saying TVs are bad for gaming - I'm simply saying they are better optimized for it and you can get gaming monitors for better prices than some high quality TVs.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not saying TVs are bad for gaming - I'm simply saying they are better optimized for it and you can get gaming monitors for better prices than some high quality TVs.

At the moment I'm simply comfortable with my OLed plasma TV for gaming. When I need a gaming monitor I'll make plans for it.