Register Now
killamch89

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Happening, Kojima Making Silent Hill, Konami Reviving Castlevania

On 4/12/2023 at 3:39 AM, Pepperpot said:

I've not heard much about their upcoming Silent Hill games following their late 2022 showcase event, but Steam was updated recently to say the SH2 remake is "coming soon."

But over the summer, there ought to be news. 

I'm both excited and filled with dread as Konami could screw this up if their record over the past 5 years is anything to go by. I hope it's not as buggy as the GTA Trilogy Edition by Rockstar. I can't wrap my mind around how companies can screw up a remaster - all you have to do is update the graphics, add a few new features with some planned DLCs and it'll be a huge success.

On 4/12/2023 at 3:39 AM, Knight Plug said:

I've not heard much about their upcoming Silent Hill games following their late 2022 showcase event, but Steam was updated recently to say the SH2 remake is "coming soon."

But over the summer, there ought to be news. 

Seems like you're on point about the announcement being very soon.

Hmm...

I have no idea what this was supposed to be.

https://wccftech.com/silent-hill-the-short-message-was-removed-from-the-taiwanese-rating-boards-database/amp/

There had been speculation that it was a P.T. style demo, for a new game. But that's all I know, because it began as a rumour that didn't conclude to anything. For all anybody knows, it could be for a game that was in development in secret, before being cancelled.

The problem with Konami is that they're inclined to announce something, then we get radio silence for ages before getting either wonderful news, or something we dreaded.

It's always a 50/50 thing.

35 minutes ago, Knight Plug said:

Hmm...

I have no idea what this was supposed to be.

https://wccftech.com/silent-hill-the-short-message-was-removed-from-the-taiwanese-rating-boards-database/amp/

There had been speculation that it was a P.T. style demo, for a new game. But that's all I know, because it began as a rumour that didn't conclude to anything. For all anybody knows, it could be for a game that was in development in secret, before being cancelled.

The problem with Konami is that they're inclined to announce something, then we get radio silence for ages before getting either wonderful news, or something we dreaded.

It's always a 50/50 thing.

As I said earlier, my expectations are extremely low when it comes to Konami so I'm expecting them to screw this up somehow if recent years are anything to go by...

I'm cautious myself. 

One of the upcoming games is set in Japan, but I don't know why. Silent Hill is in Maine, or at least someplace in New England. Now it's like RE and Capcom, where they just use the name to create loosely connected storylines. Because by God, the plot in RE no longer makes any sense. 

Ethan Winters may as well have been Harry Potter, or Van Helsing. LOL. But now Silent Hill could be in for the same fate.

On 5/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, Knight Plug said:

I'm cautious myself. 

One of the upcoming games is set in Japan, but I don't know why. Silent Hill is in Maine, or at least someplace in New England. Now it's like RE and Capcom, where they just use the name to create loosely connected storylines. Because by God, the plot in RE no longer makes any sense. 

Ethan Winters may as well have been Harry Potter, or Van Helsing. LOL. But now Silent Hill could be in for the same fate.

Some of the Retcons in RE remakes definitely make no sense at all when going off the established lore. This reminds me of the Elder Scrolls franchise and all the retconning in the Elder Scrolls Online of various events in the main storyline confusing most of us Elder Scrolls fans.

I know. It's hard to grasp why they couldn't just go with that dumb blue Umbrella storyline RE7 began, instead of the Countess Dracula crap they decided to go with in RE8.

I gathered they just kept the franchise going years ago, essentially for the money side of it. And I have always had a hard time comprehending why their devoted fans still support them after they got caught copying people's material in the past. Plus, their current engine isn't that great anyway.

You know? Everything looks too smeared, the plot is an absolute joke, and darkened discoloration is evident in every set piece...

But hey. In other news. 🙂

https://youtu.be/isRsJs6QQwE