Register Now
PGen98

Do you backup or replicate your data?

Google got my phone, almost everything I use is secured by Google, I decided to use Gmail draft to save my passwords that is very important to me to avoid issues of forgotten passwords. 

When it comes to games on mobile, console, their is nothing much I can do because their is no further means to back up my progress in case my hard drive damages. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the default storage for photos is not enough as our camera take high res images and the google backup is just not enough.

And that is why you always get a phone with micro SD slot expansion and that is why the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be my last flagship. I'm moving to mid-range phones as flagship phones suck. Every year they keep removing features and the phones aren't improving that much performance-wise. On computers, just get a huge external drive and save your favorite files there.

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

These days just keeping some of my content with the OneDrive. That has helped me so far but I have to work on many small things for it to work out.

That's the best you can do to save your essential data online. What I do is save my information at my Gmail account especially with passwords and passphrase. 

Saving on Gmail is the best, Google also own the Drive and lots more feature, which makes android worth using. You can decide to save with your email draft side if it's a written text, unless it's video contents. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's the best you can do to save your essential data online. What I do is save my information at my Gmail account especially with passwords and passphrase. 

I think gmail is good but can't trust it. I am getting my own emaiil for domain name with zoho. It seems like much better choice.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think gmail is good but can't trust it. I am getting my own emaiil for domain name with zoho. It seems like much better choice.

That's a good choice getting your own email profile than relying on Google's own mail. I will look up to using my own G-suit saving my personal information to avoid any future compromisation of data. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's a good choice getting your own email profile than relying on Google's own mail. I will look up to using my own G-suit saving my personal information to avoid any future compromisation of data. 

I am trying out zoho as of now. I will update if that experience goes right.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:18 PM, Gonassis said:

one of my goals is to save enough to get myself a NAS. this is the effect of always browsing the r/datahoarder subreddit. 🤣

I would have gotten a NAS set up but I live in a townhouse so when I get my own house, then I'll set it up. In the meantime, I just use Sync cloud storage and my portable hard drives to backup my files.

I sadly don't backup my date very often, but I probably should change that soon in the hopes of protecting my PC better. I'd rather be able to backup my files instead of losing everything. I've dealt with PCs losing data before, so it's not fun when it happens, that's for sure. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, Kane99 said:

I sadly don't backup my date very often, but I probably should change that soon in the hopes of protecting my PC better. I'd rather be able to backup my files instead of losing everything. I've dealt with PCs losing data before, so it's not fun when it happens, that's for sure. 

Same - Don't you have any external hard drives? I mean, they are pretty affordable and just make sure to keep them in a dry place like a safe...