Register Now
PGen98

Do you backup or replicate your data?

It's too much trouble, and given that I couldn't afford to buy a lot of TB-sized external hard disks, it's challenging for me to back up whole libraries of game save files, especially when they're several GB-sized. These things built up over time, and I don't usually have much use for them since I'm a "play it once and forget about it" kind of guy for most games.

Our computer came with One Drive but we prefer Carbonite. It’s an American company that offers an online backup service available to Windows & macOS users. It backs up everything. It is great for when you get a new computer. Also beneficial for when you lose a file, they keep them for so many days. Backs up files, pictures, anything stored on your computer. I love having the peace of mind.

I honestly don’t care for “The Cloud”. I have had nothing but hassle utilizing them. Some like it but I prefer Carbonite.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:11 AM, NightmareFarm said:

Yes. I usually save on two save slots and frequently upload my PS4/PS5 data to the cloud. 

I make use of Cloud as well. I think that is the easier place to save data as you will have enough space to do so.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:34 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Our computer came with One Drive but we prefer Carbonite. It’s an American company that offers an online backup service available to Windows & macOS users. It backs up everything. It is great for when you get a new computer. Also beneficial for when you lose a file, they keep them for so many days. Backs up files, pictures, anything stored on your computer. I love having the peace of mind.

I honestly don’t care for “The Cloud”. I have had nothing but hassle utilizing them. Some like it but I prefer Carbonite.

That's interesting - it's the first I've ever heard of Carbonite or at least, I think so? I'll definitely check it out.

On 11/5/2022 at 5:47 AM, Justin11 said:

Cloud is a reliable way to back up files or data and have them safe and secured.

It depends on service provider - not all clouds are created equally...

On 11/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, Kyng said:

The important stuff, yes. But honestly... probably not as often as I probably should!

You probably should prioritize it - less headache in case something happens.

Yes. I back up my data every few months for safe keeping in case I have to re-install Windows or even if I get a new PC all together.  I have stuff I can't afford to lose such as website backups, so I definitely try to stay on top of backing up my data on a somewhat regular basis.

With my PC recently giving me some issues that would have resulted in me losing a lot of data and things I wanted to keep if I hadn't of had it backed up, I would have lost a lot of stuff. I ensure that I always backup anything I do not want to lose as frequently as I can so that if something does go wrong, I don't lose anything of importance. 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:56 PM, Shortie said:

With my PC recently giving me some issues that would have resulted in me losing a lot of data and things I wanted to keep if I hadn't of had it backed up, I would have lost a lot of stuff. I ensure that I always backup anything I do not want to lose as frequently as I can so that if something does go wrong, I don't lose anything of importance. 

What do you use to backup your PC - cloud storage or external drives or both?

Yes, I always backup my data. The small files are taken care by OneDrive. The big files, basically the setup files of games, are moved to my external hard disk drive so save space on my computer. Whenever I feel the need to install a game, I can plug my external hard disk drive, install the game and plug it out. 

Yea, I usually keep 2 backups of important data, and 1 backup of semi-important data. One local to a separate drive, one cloud, for important stuff, and just cloud for semi-important. It's nice that G Workspace allows me to have 2TB of space, which helps with that.