Register Now
killamch89

What Is Your Biggest Fear?

There is this horror movie called The Descent (2005) were some girls go into a cave get trapped and are attacked by some "golum" looking crawling monsters. I was probably like 10 or 11 years old when I saw it and since then I try to avoid movies with monsters like that, Im always scared of something crawling out of the dark like that. Funny thing Im not scared of golum I think he is funny but maybe its because he talks.

And just recently I discover a new fear, Margaret from Resident evil 7, Im not scared of bugs but holy crap I can feel the fear in my spine whenever I play her boss fight

On 2/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, kingpotato said:

There is this horror movie called The Descent (2005) were some girls go into a cave get trapped and are attacked by some "golum" looking crawling monsters. I was probably like 10 or 11 years old when I saw it and since then I try to avoid movies with monsters like that, Im always scared of something crawling out of the dark like that. Funny thing Im not scared of golum I think he is funny but maybe its because he talks.

And just recently I discover a new fear, Margaret from Resident evil 7, Im not scared of bugs but holy crap I can feel the fear in my spine whenever I play her boss fight

Lol - I totally remember the descent and yes, I don't fancy going cave diving either and getting stuck. In the first place, you shouldn't really be in some unknown cave to begin with.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Lol - I totally remember the descent and yes, I don't fancy going cave diving either and getting stuck. In the first place, you shouldn't really be in some unknown cave to begin with.

Before I saw that movie, I used to enjoy spelunking in well known caves. But after seeing that movie, I haven't been to one since. Which includes the ones with guided tours, like Meramec Caverns and Mark Twain cave. I've been to both of them several times in the past, but I'll never go back to either one of them.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, killamch89 said:

On 2/11/2022 at 9:50 AM, The Blackangel said:

Before I saw that movie, I used to enjoy spelunking in well known caves. But after seeing that movie, I haven't been to one since. Which includes the ones with guided tours, like Meramec Caverns and Mark Twain cave. I've been to both of them several times in the past, but I'll never go back to either one of them.

I remember a video of some unsolved mysteries, and one of them was about this guy who had a youtube channel were he explored caves or abandoned mines. On his last video he talked about going down inside an old mine. The guy went missing after that and they found his camera and phone recordings of the mine but it looks like he left the camera at the entrance of the mine. No body was found.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:50 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm not really a cave person because in countries like the US, bears do live in some of these caves and I prefer not to run into one.

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I remember a video of some unsolved mysteries, and one of them was about this guy who had a youtube channel were he explored caves or abandoned mines. On his last video he talked about going down inside an old mine. The guy went missing after that and they found his camera and phone recordings of the mine but it looks like he left the camera at the entrance of the mine. No body was found.

MrBallen did a great video about that guy. I can't remember which one it was off the top of my head. I'll look back at some of his videos and see if I can find it. If I do, I'll post it.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not really a cave person because in countries like the US, bears do live in some of these caves and I prefer not to run into one.

Here in Missouri the only bears we have are black bears. They're not as aggressive as other North American bears like Grizzly and Polar Bears. They tend to run more than anything. As for dens, they aren't the most fond of caves that are anywhere near human activity. Other places they hibernate are hollowed out logs, holes they dig in the ground, and abandoned dens of other bears. So they can be found just about anywhere. They tend to live further north of where I live, but do make their way down here on occasion.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/12/2022 at 1:42 PM, kingpotato said:

And this is precisely I don't do old mine/cave explorations because I'm not getting myself trapped underground.

On 2/13/2022 at 8:48 AM, The Blackangel said:

Here in Missouri the only bears we have are black bears. They're not as aggressive as other North American bears like Grizzly and Polar Bears. They tend to run more than anything. As for dens, they aren't the most fond of caves that are anywhere near human activity. Other places they hibernate are hollowed out logs, holes they dig in the ground, and abandoned dens of other bears. So they can be found just about anywhere. They tend to live further north of where I live, but do make their way down here on occasion.

I once encountered a Black bear while napping under a tree at my aunt's house in Nevada. It was napping about 10 ft from me until I woke up. It just jumped up and ran away into the woods. 

My biggest fear is definitely heights, when my spouse and I go to the mall I can't be near the railing when we're on the second floor. I walk on the side closest to the stores lol. I also hate spiders and insects, but I feel like my fear of some insects are slowly starting to go away. I joined the insects subreddit and started to show some appreciation to these small creatures.