Register Now
killamch89

Do you have any trait that you are not proud of?

I've found far too many people are proud of how aggressive they can be. I started noticing it in college. There's a certain type of socially awkward person who seems to feel that the angrier they can get in public, the more intimidating and impressive they are. It's really just secondhand embarrassing to watch a grown man or woman behave like that.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

Not really. I've just always been intolerant of stupidity. I personally feel that stupidity should never be tolerated.

I never understood the fire challenge - like why set yourself on fire?

Being autistic. I don't get what there is to be proud about it. Out-of-the-box thinking and creative writing are not points of pride when anything else I can do a neurotypical person can do better. I'm proud of how far treatment and understanding of autistic people has come, absolutely, but there's a lot of toxic positivity going on with autie pride that we don't appear too keen on stamping out.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

Being autistic. I don't get what there is to be proud about it. Out-of-the-box thinking and creative writing are not points of pride when anything else I can do a neurotypical person can do better. I'm proud of how far treatment and understanding of autistic people has come, absolutely, but there's a lot of toxic positivity going on with autie pride that we don't appear too keen on stamping out.

It's been my experience that autistic people are often far more intelligent than the rest of the population. Brilliant in some cases. I'm not saying be proud of a disability. I'm in a wheelchair, and I fucking hate it. But it is what it is. I'm also dumb as a god damn rock. I edit and re-edit my posts probably a dozen times before I post them, as I know I've said something moronic somewhere in them. Most of the time, my brain is only for moving my limbs. I drop it somewhere just about every day, and just have to hope I find it before the frickin' dogs eat it.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:52 PM, killamch89 said:

I never understood the fire challenge - like why set yourself on fire?

In my opinion, I say let them burn themselves to death. It would raise the average IQ of the gene pool by getting them out of it. If you're stupid enough to take part in any of the challenges online, you deserve the consequences. I hope the crate challenge results in a hell of a lot of quadriplegic people. If it's something that risks life and limb, I hope the results charge the price of life.

Dumb is one thing. I'm dumb. Stupidity is a whole other ball game.
Stupidity is a choice. Being dumb is not. That's how I define it anyway.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:28 AM, Withywarlock said:

I think some of that started off with trying to get you to not be ashamed of it, then people started taking it too far.

I remember seeing that for the first time on Tumblr about a decade ago. Though I do question the validity of those users, as they got a bit too out there, like pretending to have schizophrenia.

Edited by Grungie

1 hour ago, Grungie said:

pretending to have schizophrenia.

That's something that more than pisses me off. I'm schizophrenic and seeing someone pretend to have it makes my blood boil. And to add insult to injury, typically they don't even get that right. So many people have it in their heads that schizophrenia is multiple personalities. IT'S FUCKING NOT. Schizophrenia is hearing voices and seeing things that shouldn't be there. I hear ghostly voices that say really freaky shit, and I see shadow people every damn day. Shadow people are some seriously annoying bastards.

But that I go through that shit, and someone pretending they have it for some idiotic reason makes me want to rip out their eyes and bust their ear drums. Then they wouldn't have to worry about seeing or hearing anything.

Also I'm on some really potent anti-psychotics for this. It's not something to be made light of. No mental disease is.