Register Now
StaceyPowers

Creative ways games have discouraged piracy

Video game have seen lots of piracy ever since it came into limelight. Some fraudulent persons simply do some design and remake its CD plate samples, change some features of the game simply calling of remastered without the developer's authority. 

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Vice City didn't allow you to save if you had the bootleg copy of the game. As a matter of fact, there were many things you couldn't do.

Which of the vice city are you talking about buddy?

Did piracy enter into vice city? 

On 10/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some unique ways that games have discouraged piracy? An Infocom game called Wishbringer a long time ago included physical items in the box that you needed to solve a puzzle in the game.

Piracy is a very big problem in the gaming industry. In as much as these companies get too greedy along the way but it's not a justification for piracy to take root in them. 

I have a couple of favourites that game developers have deployed over the years.. 😈

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Glide ability removed, making the game impossible to complete.

• Serious Sam 3
    The game spawns an undefeatable red scorpion boss that chases after you.

That ought to teach those pesky pirates a lesson!

On 10/15/2021 at 4:30 PM, Oblivion Knight said:

I have a couple of favourites that game developers have deployed over the years.. 😈

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Glide ability removed, making the game impossible to complete.

• Serious Sam 3
    The game spawns an undefeatable red scorpion boss that chases after you.

That ought to teach those pesky pirates a lesson!

What happens to the gamers who enjoy getting those pirated games because they are cheaper? If they don't patronize them, they will not be in business. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, during the time of my PS2 days, I don't know the one which is pirated or not. I simply buy the pirates one that time, because it comes cheaper than the original. 

There are so many gamers who know pirated games and buy them on purpose. It's like what we are experiencing with PS5 console scrapers. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

There are so many gamers who know pirated games and buy them on purpose. It's like what we are experiencing with PS5 console scrapers. 

You're simply right. Some buy on purpose even discovering that, it is a pirated video game. I heard that, the scalpers are even selling more expensive than the real vendors. 

On 10/17/2021 at 1:01 PM, Justin11 said:

You're simply right. Some buy on purpose even discovering that, it is a pirated video game. I heard that, the scalpers are even selling more expensive than the real vendors. 

Playstation 5 is still very costly and limited in the market today as a result of what these scalpers are doing with the console. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Playstation 5 is still very costly and limited in the market today as a result of what these scalpers are doing with the console. 

Yes, scalpers are simply adding their own charge on the console, simply for their own personal derivative. I am against such route, because its a way of milking from gamers illegally. 

Beating game piracy will never be an easy task because the system has been with loopholes to be exploited always. 

Netflix tried battling piracy in its own industry but it still failed till today which isn't surprising. 

GTA IV: If the game detected that it was a pirated copy Niko would walk like completely drunk and always fall over.

Game Dev Tycoon: If the copy was pirated your in game company will become a victim of piracy and it will ineviteably go bankrupt.  The funny bit was when the actual pirates complained about it on the official forums.