Register Now
skyfire

Motorola Edge 20

I've never been fan of Motorola, but I really like this model. It's hard to find phone with good performance, big OLED screen and telephoto camera at this price point. This may be my next phone. I am also deciding with Samsung S20 FE 5G, and Motorola is cheaper, and also has bigger screen. Then I was excited about this phone, but I'm hesitant due to having to rely on bluetooth headphones plus the lack of a micro sd card slot. But I feel like at this price point it's hard to find a phone with a good camera.

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Over a period of time motorola has reduced in it's demand and the quality too. I don't know what made them being ignored by the market.

They ignored themselves in the market, just as Nokia went exile in the past, but now they're back and trying hard to force their way back, but it isn't easy for them to catch-up with others who has been in the phone manufacturing industry for long now. It will take a while for we to see Motorola returning back to the fold of making those catchy phones. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

They ignored themselves in the market, just as Nokia went exile in the past, but now they're back and trying hard to force their way back, but it isn't easy for them to catch-up with others who has been in the phone manufacturing industry for long now. It will take a while for we to see Motorola returning back to the fold of making those catchy phones. 

Yes the thing is that brands get too comfortable. And it makes things harder to get and also expensive overall.

2 hours ago, egghead said:

Motorola is the company that launched the first mobile phone, but sadly the company could not survive the competition.

I honestly didn't know that. I wasn't around in 1973, and thought Nokia had been the first. We didn't hear much about Motorola in the 80's. And by the 90's Nokia was king. Especially with this monstrosity. The changeable faceplates were nothing different than phone cases are today. This was my first phone, but it was a TracFone. It was all I could afford at the time.

5110-GQ-19May16_pr_b.jpg

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wasn't around in 1973

My parents were not even married back then. LOL

Nokia made first mobile phone in 1987, where as Motorola released first mobile phone in 1973.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:35 AM, The Blackangel said:

I honestly didn't know that. I wasn't around in 1973, and thought Nokia had been the first. We didn't hear much about Motorola in the 80's. And by the 90's Nokia was king. Especially with this monstrosity. The changeable faceplates were nothing different than phone cases are today. This was my first phone, but it was a TracFone. It was all I could afford at the time.

5110-GQ-19May16_pr_b.jpg

This and the Nokia 3310 were absolute bricks - you could drop them on the tile and started feeling sorry for the tile. I heard that they can even survive a nuclear holocaust 🤣.