Register Now
ZandraJoi

What do you like about winter?

I don’t care for the cold & I can’t find much that I like about winter lol Days are short, no sun, no warmth, no colors. Just so dreary. Only thing I DO like is because I like stargazing, there's new constellations overhead that I don't get to see in the summer. I bundle up & can get lost in time with my telescope. 

It's far easier to control your own temperature when it's cold. You can always include more layers and make yourself warmer. It's far more difficult to make yourself cooler. Plus I like wearing sweaters and dislike shorts. Plus if you into snow, then you can have fun in the snow or just looking outside. I like Winter for not going out as often and being home to able to game more and stream 😛 

NOTHING!  I hate the winter!  It's cold, dark and expensive.  Everything everybody else seem to like about the repulsive time of year is something I can't stand about it.

I despise being cold, I'd rather be in the sweltering heat siting in a bath of my own sweat. It actually find easier to stay cool when it's warm rather than warm when it's cold but that's probably because I'm not in a warm country.

The worst thing though by a country mile is the snow.  Yeah it looks pretty and it's fun when you're 5 but it soaks your feet, closes every road and grounds every plane.  Then it hardens and you can't even walk anywhere without falling on your ass!  FUCK... THE... SNOW!!!!

Edited by Crazycrab

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Snow angels, building snowmen and throwing snowballs at your friends/family. It makes for a fantastic time. In addition to going snowboarding, skiing or on a snowmobile.

I miss snowboarding.

But one other thing about winter is that it’s when everything dies. You could call that a metaphor. Maybe a more literal term would be that it’s when everything goes to sleep. But the world looks like everything died. I love it.

But I still miss snowboarding.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I miss snowboarding.

But one other thing about winter is that it’s when everything dies. You could call that a metaphor. Maybe a more literal term would be that it’s when everything goes to sleep. But the world looks like everything died. I love it.

But I still miss snowboarding.

I haven't done it since I was in my early 20s so I'd really like to get going again. 

The chance of getting snow which is unfortunately a bit rare now in London. I know it creates a lot of problems but I just love snow and how it makes the area look. Another great thing is that it means we're a bit closer to Christmas (end of year Winter obviously, ignoring Jan+). 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:12 AM, Jayson said:

I like the cold and snow and all that.  I wouldn't want to live in an area that never got cold.  In fact, I feel sorry for people who have never seen snow or experienced cold.

We don't have snow in my country although it does get pretty cold during the winter months.