Register Now
killamch89

Ghost Recon Frontline Mass Downvoted As Ubisoft Angers Fans By Announcing It's Another Battle Royale

In what has become a common theme with Ubisoft, they announced a new Battle Royale - Ghost Recon Frontline which has greatly upset the community including myself as I love the Ghost Recon series. However, they did say they were going the Live Service/ F2P route with their games so we shouldn't even be surprised. What are your thoughts on this?

The sad thing is Ubisoft already had their Battle Royale since november 2016. Survival DLC of The Division 1 was simply a blast to play. But Ubisoft decided to release it as a paid DLC. If only they had enough foresight to understand that releasing it as a F2P stand alone could have give them an edge in the emerging market that was Battle Royale at that time.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:10 AM, Empire said:

The sad thing is Ubisoft already had their Battle Royale since november 2016. Survival DLC of The Division 1 was simply a blast to play. But Ubisoft decided to release it as a paid DLC. If only they had enough foresight to understand that releasing it as a F2P stand alone could have give them an edge in the emerging market that was Battle Royale at that time.

I agree - I always thought that move was stupid on their part but Ubisoft just like EA and others love to shoot themselves in the foot...

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Most of the gaming companies are just considering about the financial aspect alone, F2P is simply the way forward for them, which is destroying their games. Taking battle Royale into F2P by Ubisoft isn't a nice one if you ask me. 

Very true. I'm worried that EA Sports are thinking of going down that route for the FIFA series as well which would not be good. 

I can't believe companies are still developing battle royales, to be honest. They're just not as popular anymore as they used to be.

37 minutes ago, Darth said:

Very true. I'm worried that EA Sports are thinking of going down that route for the FIFA series as well which would not be good. 

I can't believe companies are still developing battle royales, to be honest. They're just not as popular anymore as they used to be.

Yes, some companies are still into making Battle Royals games. When I watched its trailer on YouTube I saw Battle Royals games being remastered. 

Bug it wouldn't make sense for EA FIFA and battle royals going into F2P. 

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nope - not at all and we all knew they were going down this path and they're sticking with it unfortunately.

Well, the rumor is that this is a surprise to them and the game got delayed as a result. But I doubt they'll rework it, just wait for things to blow over and release it quietly to try to avoid the fans.